lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pathetic brakes on 2005 TXT

The manufacture claims a 20% increase in braking capacity. Users say it feels like more
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #12
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the mechanical disc brakes on the rear and they were better then the stock drums, but driving on the street 22 -23 I had a few errant interruptions from cars where I live and needed to "stop" quicker. I kept the rear and had added hydraulic brakes to the front. This combo is perfect. In hindsight if i had not added the mech. discs first i would add hydraulics front and rear, what i have stops my cart at 25 quick. Carts Unlimited a sponsor here, has 2 and 4 wheel kits. Hope this helps
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #13
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys! Obviously the four wheel hydraulic brakes would be the ultimate setup, but I think I may have trouble convincing myself to spend that much let alone convince the chief financial officer! It would certainly be nice to have ultimate stopping power like that.
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #14
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
It stops now, but it is a little scary letting the kids drive it when it requires so much pedal pressure to stop.
This would be enough to override the money issue.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My 4 wheel hydraulic disc brakes are the very best in stopping power available. Some 300% improved braking according to the manufacture. The next best thing is rear only hydraulic disc. The 7 or 9 inch discs are a great improvement over stock 5 inch drum.
You can add the fronts later.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #16
bigpoppi
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

New to cart-ing, 08 txt pds 4" lift 22's 4 seater, winter project adding #909 pkg and upgrading to 48v, tx Scottyb for the info, question/problem, wife has trouble applying the brake, says it's very hard to push down, does the stock to cable discs make it easier to apply, less effort, do i need to go all the way to hydrolics for an easier appliance of the brakes???

Last edited by bigpoppi; 08-05-2012 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: typos
bigpoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO