lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Enclosure and Heater ???

I suspect I'll be wanting to drive my cart around a bit before the weather gets warm again.
So I thought I'd pick BGW's collective brain a bit about the good, the bad and the ugly of cart enclosure and heaters.

Basically, it is a stock 2008 PDS body with standard length roof and a fold down windshield that is used for local transportation rather than golf.

It gets below freezing here, but not very far or for very long.

I was considering something like these two, but was wondering if anyone has better suggestions.

Amazon.com: Golf cart driving enclosure 2 seater: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Golf cart driving enclosure 2 seater: Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com: Coleman GolfCat Perfectemp Catalytic Propane Heater: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Coleman GolfCat Perfectemp Catalytic Propane Heater: Sports & Outdoors
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
H2OSkiBum
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Enclosure and Heater ???

I have that coleman heater used it the last 2 winters works great. Gets the cart warm fast.
H2OSkiBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
Dirtdigger
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought the same enclosure from Amazon(the four seat version),quite happy with it.Made pretty well considering the price.
Dirtdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Dirtdigger.....when you say you have the 4 seat version.....do you have a back seat that folds down into a shelf? I have that, but my roof just covers the the front area. Does the 4 seater enclosure need to have the longer roof?

JohnnieB......sorry for sneaking in another question here. (I hope you're all better now!)
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I can tell you the 12v heaters that truckers put in their bunks to limit idle time are worthless in a golf cart. It's just too much airspace and the enclosures don't seal tight. I bought a Classic Industries enclosure and used it for most of a winter. ( Keep in mind, this is daily use regardless of weather conditions) When it finally needed replaced (door zippers gave out) I bought another that I thought was the same model. It turned out to be a knock off that wasn't nearly as good as the first one.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak View Post
Dirtdigger.....when you say you have the 4 seat version.....do you have a back seat that folds down into a shelf? I have that, but my roof just covers the the front area. Does the 4 seater enclosure need to have the longer roof?

JohnnieB......sorry for sneaking in another question here. (I hope you're all better now!)

Yeah. A four passenger enclosure is based on a long roof. You'd have to build a support strut of some kind on your roof to support the back of the cover over the rear seat passengers.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
Dirtdigger
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak View Post

Yes ,I have the longer top.
Dirtdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #8
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

This is what I am wiring up right now!!

http://www.dcthermal.com/
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the older version of that coleman heater. Works pretty good.

Another consideration: I have seen some enclosures that account for the space between the top of the windshield and the roof. Most do not. Non of them account for the space between the bottom of the windshield and the top of the dash. Not all carts have a space here. Depends on how the windshield is mounted. If there is a space here on your cart a lot of air gets through and will overpower the heater. I have seen a purpose made flexible block for this space for about $20 as I recall. In my case a swim noodle with a precut slot(grove) for the bottom of the windshield does the job for about $2 and is easily removed for the summer. Just a thought.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

@ kernal - Thanks for the swim noodle idea.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO