lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
jkrash
Getting Wild

Columbia

Default controller question

I just picked up another cart (my first electric), it has the original txt 36v motor, it's a 1996
I think it has an after market controller, the numbers on the controller are
G632D
1206 SX for DCS Cars
36V 300 amp
I couldn't find any other info on it. or

I'm going to put a new battery pak in it , I see a lot of talk about wire upgrades, is this necessary?

I plan to put a rear seat on it, maybe a 4" lift as well, I'll probably keep stock tires on it, the cart will be used an a gravel road, back and forth up and down a hill, maybe a 600' run.
jkrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2013, 04:43 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: controller question

That is a rebuilt stock DCS controller.
It'll be okay with stock height tires (18") and you don't let the battery voltage get too low.
DCS controller had no low-voltage cut off and self destruct when the battery voltage gets low)

Stock cables were 6Ga and even when in perfect condition, they were marginal for the application.
If any are getting the least bit hot, they are bad and all 10 high current cables ought to be replaced with properly constructed 4Ga (or heavier) cables.

If the stock 12-14 MPH isn't fast enough, going to an after market controller, such as an AllTrax DCX400DCS, will up the speed and increase the torque.

Putting a rear seat on, will most likely require upgrading the drive system.

Don't skimp on the batteries. 225AH is standard.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
jkrash
Getting Wild

Columbia

Thanks for the info, I think I'll replace the cables first, then put in new battery's. The speed is no real concern as long as it's able to haul 2 to 4 guys up a gradual incline. Once I'm confident it can do that then I'll put the back seat on, what upgrades to the drive system are needed?
Old 03-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrash View Post
Thanks for the info, I think I'll replace the cables first, then put in new battery's. The speed is no real concern as long as it's able to haul 2 to 4 guys up a gradual incline. Once I'm confident it can do that then I'll put the back seat on, what upgrades to the drive system are needed?
It is a DCS cart, so a controller and solenoid is all that is needed once you have good cable and batteries.

It is going to slow down on the inclines, but how much depends on how gradual the inclines are and how heavy the 4 guys are.
Try it with the stock controller and see if it slows too much.

If it does, or the controller fails, replace the controller/solenoid with a DCX400A and you will have a cart that will do upwards of 18-20 MPH and won't slow nearly as much on the inclines.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
jkrash
Getting Wild

Columbia

Great Info - Thanks!
Are these the correct measurments of the 10-4ga cables that I will need?
5-6"
1-10"
2-18"
2-47"

If I add a lift to the cart will I need longer cables or will their be enough slack in these?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:44 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I don't know, I didn't make my cables and my cart isn't lifted, but that looks to be about right.

I got my cables from: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter..._Upgrades.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO