lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 EZGO Static

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
As usual JohnnieB right on with his analysis.

I have used ferrite core snap on beads in some other applications that reduced radiated RFI. If you want to try some they are available from Mouser Electronics. I would snap them over the big cables at the controller as close to the controller as you can get them, B+, B- and especially the M-. I don't think they would eliminate all the noise but it would be interesting to try. Using the beads would eliminate you having to make any wire connections. They just snap over the cables. They come in various sizes. More than one in each lead might be more effective. I don't guarantee results. Some voltage reducers also generate noise the beads might be effective in reducing .
Good thought. I have several that came with old CRT computer monitors. Are they tuned for certain frequencies? The ones for radio power wire are either RC or RLC filters, but it would probably better to kill the source.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2014, 01:20 PM   #12
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

They might work. Here is Mouser Electronics link to ferrite beads. Ferrite beads are the lump in many computer cable assemblies. They are rated at different frequencies. Try them.
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine....n+ferrite+bead
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #13
Edarien
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

. Ferrite beads are the lump in many computer cable assemblies.

I thought that happens from eating the mouse????? 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:58 PM   #14
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Talking Re: 2007 EZGO Static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edarien View Post
. Ferrite beads are the lump in many computer cable assemblies.

I thought that happens from eating the mouse????? ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You learn a lot by just reading.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshari View Post
My sister has the same year/ model cart and her stereo doesn't have this problem. Are our
controllers the same? Could I install the same radio and have a shot at it working?
A TXT is a body style and that body style used two different drive systems in 2007, series and PDS, each having a different type controller.

Look up the serial numbers of the two cart on the following website and it will tell you if they are the same or not: http://www.shopezgo.com/www404.aspx?...ialNumber.html

Have her drive her cart with the radio on (AM band) while you drive your cart next to her cart and see if her radio picks up the noise your cart generates. If it doesn't, the make/model radio she has might work in your cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #16
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Try a battery operated hand held AM/FM radio near the offending cart would be a good quick test too.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:23 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Try a battery operated hand held AM/FM radio near the offending cart would be a good quick test too.
Good test for finding a noisy cart, but tshari already knows his cart is noisy and wants to know if the radio in his sister's cart will work in his.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:25 AM   #18
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Good test for finding a noisy cart, but tshari already knows his cart is noisy and wants to know if the radio in his sister's cart will work in his.
I would be surprised if it didn't pick up the static too if the portable picks up the noise. Both test you suggest are good ones to make. If his sisters cart picks up the noise from his cart nearby it would be a waste of time to swap unless it has the same connections for power and audio. Need to run the tests on AM band for sure. May not hear the noise on strong FM stations. Another waste of time might be experimenting with the ferrite beads.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO