lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2018, 09:08 PM   #1
Jamesotn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 96 DS won't move

Trying to help a friend. 96 DS 48 volt. Batteries are fully charged..showing 49.2 volts
Cart ran perfect, even climbed very steep hill. We put it in the shop and installed rear seat kit/ new 4g cables/ yes they are on correct. He replaced the positive cable going from the positive end of the battery bank to the solenoid. When we discovered it wouldn't run, I brought him a new 48 v solenoid and he installed making sure all wires were on correct. Nothing. When key is on and I press accelerator, I can hear the micro switch click, but nothing from the solenoid.....Any ideas ???

THANKS !! I noticed when he changed solenoid there were 2 resistors on it...never saw this before.

Last edited by Jamesotn; 01-15-2018 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: additional info
Jamesotn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2018, 10:05 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 96 DS won't move

Check the chart. For fully charged batteries. At any rate the cart should run on the voltage you stated.

image.jpeg
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #3
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

You are on the right track
Solenoid not click:
Follow + 48v
+ thru Key sw - thru go pedal micro sw - thru FNR
micro sw - to solenoid small lug

Neg 48v on other small lug of solenoid ( via yellow wire to OBC)

Jack rear tires off ground
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:57 PM   #4
Jamesotn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info..
Old 01-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Run a jumper wire from the battery pack main negative post to the small negative post" the solenoid (yellow wire). If the cart runs, the OBC is bad. You can permanently install that jumper as long the cart is still charging.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:29 AM   #6
Jamesotn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

so does that wire allow you to bypass the obc and the cart runs as normal ?
Old 01-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesotn View Post
so does that wire allow you to bypass the obc and the cart runs as normal ?
If that is the problem, yes it bypasses the OBC interlock that prevents the cart from running when the charger is connected, however the other side of the OBC controls the charging of the cart. If the cart runs when bypassed and continues to charge, if it doesn't charge you will need to either get a new OBC, or completely bypass it and get a stand alone charger.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:05 AM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

To clarify, the OBC does two functions. Controls the charging of the cart, and locks the cart out while charging. If the interlock, you can bypass it like I said earlier and continue on if it is still charging. If it does not charge, I would recommend completely bypassing the OBC and buying a stand alone charger. You do that by simply running charge wire from the negative terminal on the charge receptacle to the main negative battery terminal. Does this cart have a rotary FNR or a rocker switch?

Old 01-17-2018, 11:20 AM   #9
Jamesotn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes it has a rotating fnr....I have already by-passed the charging circuit as he did not get a charger with it. We are using a stanley charger...black lead to neg. on the battery pack, and red lead to positive on the pack and it works perfect...no problem charging !

Will see him tomorrow and try wiring as you suggest. Thanks

This is all confusing because it ran perfect untill he changed the cable that ran from the battery pack + to the solenoid. He said he saw a small spark, perhaps that messed with the obc.....
Old 01-17-2018, 11:32 AM   #10
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesotn View Post
Yes it has a rotating fnr....I have already by-passed the charging circuit as he did not get a charger with it. We are using a stanley charger...black lead to neg. on the battery pack, and red lead to positive on the pack and it works perfect...no problem charging !

Will see him tomorrow and try wiring as you suggest. Thanks

This is all confusing because it ran perfect untill he changed the cable that ran from the battery pack + to the solenoid. He said he saw a small spark, perhaps that messed with the obc.....
That's possible. Make sure you are getting voltage to the solenoid small terminals. Place negative meter lead on the small yellow wire, and the positive on the other small post. If you do not get pack voltage, move the negative lead to the main negative battery post and try again, if you get voltage then when you press the pedal, that will confirm the OBC, if still no voltage then there's a problem with the positive wire path like was stated earlier, micro switch, key switch, pedal switch, etc.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car