lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2018, 06:48 PM   #11
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What is an MCOR ?

The real problem with the MCOR is the cheap spring steel that they use for the resistor fingers. You can take it apart and bend the fingers to make good contact but because of the cheap spring steel you'll be back in there in a few months.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2018, 09:49 PM   #12
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The pedal assembly we import for the conversion kits uses a hall effect sensor which is far superior to the potentiometer. But just because CC uses a pot doesn't mean it has to be junk. In 1990 Ezgo introduced the first solid state drives using a potentiometer throttle known as Curtis PB-6.
Most of those units worked near perfectly for 25-30 years !
...So there is more than just a pedal torque problem with the MCOR. There is a materials or another mechanical flaw as well IMHO.

Personally I think if you buy into the Club Car you buy into the MCOR, the rough suspension, and before 2014, the on board computer.
Thanks Scotty but the question remains, is it feasible to replace the pedal and MCOR on a Precedent with one of your hall effect sensors connected to an Altrax controller?
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:09 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

As far as a transducer for pedal positioning, The ability to create a "contactless" system using a Hall effect sensor is a great advantage.

The Alltrax Controller will work with a Hall effect pedal device, you just need to be careful and run some new wires depending on the Club Car model as there are shared connections and possible resistors in some models wiring.

As far as physical abuse, I don't think that throttle would last one season on a Golf Course fleet.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:18 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Why you do think this pedal would not last on a golf course ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #15
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’ve been using that throttle pedal from ScottyB since May and my entire family uses the cart (roughly...) I’d be quite surprised if it’s not at least as durable as the horrible club car linkage and MCOR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #16
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

When speaking MCOR does this include the MCOR-4 with it's different linkage setup?
I am all for the Hall effect unit and pedal but was wondering if the newer MCOR-4 body and linkage was that much of an improvement.
I realize that's what you get now if you older MCOR fails but this Hall effect unit looks like a great alternative.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My 2014 is already exhibiting MCOR fatigue symptoms. I was thinking the Alltrax was getting jerky but the pedal pump exercise 'fixed' it
I had the test pedal on a outdoor Ezgo cart for a year with everybody and their brother using it without failure...... when I took it off (service test complete) I put it on the conversion kit test cart and it has spent a second year outdoors. The cart recently sat outdoors for 5" of rain and drove off smooth afterwards. The pedal is made for the forklift industry, I consider that rough service. It is potted in resin. I'm not suggesting it as an alternative device to MCOR problems but I don't see it being light duty either.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:16 PM   #18
scrannel
Gone Wild

Questions: Recently was in my V-Glide (POT?) on my 2000 DS and notice what looked like semi-transparent paper-like material that was pretty torn up. I'm guessing that material once covered the copper contacts? If so... is this device shot? Thanks
scrannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car