lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2018, 02:16 PM   #11
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Cart not charging question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookster View Post
Ok, sounds like I did my OBC bypass incorrectly. So, I am supposed to leave the original 10g black wire between the charger receptacle and OBC CONNECTED, and then just ADD a 10g jumper from the same connector at the receptacle directly to the Main Pack Negative? Also, I need to disconnect the grey sense wire from the charge receptacle and connect it to the Main Pack Negative? Does that sound correct?
Connected or not, the old 10g black wire that comes off the receptacle and goes inside the wire-loom that runs to the OBC, is connected to the terminal where you need to install the jumper and run it to the main pack negative. (That is the 5/16" battery post where the black 6g cable runs to the back of the cart and thru the OBC.) Then there is a grey wire (for sensing) that comes off the back of your receptacle and runs to the yellow bullet style fuse holder; you need to open it up and run a small jumper wire from the receptacle side of that wire over to the main pack negative. This way you have taken the OBC out of the loop and now the charging port is installed directly to the pack negative for both voltage and sensory connections. (The red wire off of this charging receptacle is correct and does not have to be moved or jumper'd for OBC bypassing - it stays as it is)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2018, 05:16 PM   #12
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test Dummy
to by pass OCB
DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.…do not attempt unless you are familiar with electricity and electronics!
There are two ways to force the charger to turn on regardless of the OBC.

The first method is to disconnect the cart’s gray wire at the fuse near the charger receptacle. Then using a jumper wire, connect the receptacle side of the fused connector to the cart’s negative battery terminal. This will energize the charger’s 48V relay. If the charger doesn’t come on, it could be bad connections, wiring or charger relay.

(If charger comes on but the charger ammeter shows 0 amps, check the fuse at the charging receptacle under the clear plastic cover.)

the other way is to open chargre and mess with wiring....needs someone that is good with chargers
Both of these methods should both be temporary measures for troubleshooting, or as an emergency method of charging the batteries when they have been discharged so far that the OBC will not charge them.

The OBC provides the optimum method of charging the cart’s batteries. If the OBC is bad, it should be replaced
Kookster
you really need to get jack stands .. i have puled a man frm under his cart
Old 05-31-2018, 07:52 PM   #13
Kookster
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Connected or not, the old 10g black wire that comes off the receptacle and goes inside the wire-loom that runs to the OBC, is connected to the terminal where you need to install the jumper and run it to the main pack negative. (That is the 5/16" battery post where the black 6g cable runs to the back of the cart and thru the OBC.) Then there is a grey wire (for sensing) that comes off the back of your receptacle and runs to the yellow bullet style fuse holder; you need to open it up and run a small jumper wire from the receptacle side of that wire over to the main pack negative. This way you have taken the OBC out of the loop and now the charging port is installed directly to the pack negative for both voltage and sensory connections. (The red wire off of this charging receptacle is correct and does not have to be moved or jumper'd for OBC bypassing - it stays as it is)
Ok, OBC is bypassed, and charger comes on full amps. So I guess it's time to get a new OBC? Is there a recommended store online to buy one of these things?

And Thanks Crash Test Dummy, I will invest in the jack stands.
Kookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:50 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/obc That is David Hicks (TahoeDawgZ71) and site sponsor. Give him a call if you have any questions at all....

And glad we got it figured out as there was no way it could be as it was unless something was not ~quite correct...
Old 05-31-2018, 11:57 PM   #15
crash test dummy

Old 06-01-2018, 09:04 AM   #16
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Did you check the fuse inside the charger...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:05 AM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
Did you check the fuse inside the charger...
Its fixed - It was the OBC....
Old 06-01-2018, 10:21 AM   #18
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Now that the OBC has died it might be a good time to buy a modern smart charger. It might even be cheaper than a OBC.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:53 PM   #19
Kookster
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Now that the OBC has died it might be a good time to buy a modern smart charger. It might even be cheaper than a OBC.
That sounds great! I'm new to all this stuff, so please let me know what that means.
Kookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:31 PM   #20
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
That sounds great! I'm new to all this stuff, so please let me know what that means.
I was referring to replacing it with a DPI Accusense charger or a Yewy charger.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car