lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
Thehumanlynx
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car carryall 6 conversion

I had a 4 seater ds that I sold because we have 6 kids and it wasn’t cutting it - I was hoping to get a 6 seat. I found a good price on a CC carryall6. It has the 6ft bed on it currently. I have seen other carryalls that have seats instead of dump beds.

Can the bed be removed and 2 seats be put in its place? I think I read that the battery box may be stored in the middle such that you couldn’t modify and have a floorboard at the normal height?

Any experience with this? Are the carryalls similar to a stretched ds?

Thanks!
Thehumanlynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2019, 01:19 AM   #2
alchemy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club car carryall 6 conversion

My carryall 6 LSV has about a 6' bed and as you say that you could not have a normal height floor board because of the batteries, and also the motor, at least for the full length. You might be able to have a low floor board between the batteries and motor. It might not be too hard to reconfigure the batteries and if you switched to 4-12's I bet it could be done. The aluminum sides on mine go up maybe 24" from the ground so that would have to be changed or replaced.
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:56 AM   #3
alchemy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemy View Post
My carryall 6 LSV has about a 6' bed and as you say, you could not have a normal height floor board because of the batteries, and also the motor, at least for the full length. You might be able to have a low floor board between the batteries and motor. It might not be too hard to reconfigure the batteries and if you switched to 4-12's I bet it could be done. The aluminum sides on mine go up maybe 24" from the ground so that would have to be changed or replaced.
edit- I don't know these cart types and another type part body could actually fit on it for all I know. Mine has 8-6's btw but even those could be reconfigured to give more room.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:36 PM   #4
Thehumanlynx
Not Yet Wild

I haven’t been able to find any pictures of what is under the bed to even see what is possible. Do you have any pics of yours on this site? If not would you mind posting a few with the seats and bed up?

I saw a picture in a fb group that had a converted carryall that had 3 sets of benches (2 forward 1 backwards) so it seems like it could be done but maybe they had to reconfigure the way you are describing
Old 09-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #5
alchemy
Gone Wild

my pics aren't good enough to post but this one shows the sides that would have to be gone. 4 batteries might go under the front seats that are already there and if not they would fit under one bench seat facing back at the cab and it's clear until the axle where you could put another bench seat facing forward. Those sides likely strengthen it so you'd probably need strong framing under the floor you made.
You could just cut out the entry and reinforce it underneath and have the seat a little behind the fender and trim it all nicely.
Looks like you'd have maybe 2' of leg room

you coud probably put a 3rd bench seat at the back facing back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg without side boards.jpg (15.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-02-2019, 05:50 PM   #6
Thehumanlynx
Not Yet Wild

The ones I have seen put about a 15 inch wide foot area directly behind the front seat, then it looks like a standard rear seat with one forward and one toward the back. Is that the idea you are suggesting with some batteries under the front seat and some under the rear after the 15 inch gap?
Old 09-02-2019, 06:03 PM   #7
alchemy
Gone Wild

I think all 4 batteries would fit under the front seats now with some minor moving a couple things like the charge cord reel but that might not need to be moved. what I meant by "if not... " then under the bench seat is if the first bench seat faced back then the next one over the axle facing forward or however far back it needs to be. Not sure how that would look. You don't want it looking well made and trimmed but tacky like "somebody made it." Again there might be a factory made body that could be made to fit on it.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #8
alchemy
Gone Wild

I suppose it might work to have two bench seats facing forward but you'd have two cut outs or one big one.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:33 PM   #9
alchemy
Gone Wild

i just measured about 36" clear space from the cab to the motor except for the batteries. I forgot about the master cylinder right under the middle of the front seats so that would make a tight fit for the batteries there. Under a bench seat would be easier.
That doesn't seem like enough room for two seats facing forward. If they were facing each other it would be about 18" leg room assuming 18" per seat and the rear seat over the axle.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:19 PM   #10
Thehumanlynx
Not Yet Wild

I see what you are saying now. Normal front seat, second row facing rear so that one big double size box houses the batteries. Then a gap with the rear seat over the axle?
. If the price is right it is probably worth giving it a go.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car