lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2019, 11:53 AM   #1
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Default 2004 Precedent Upgrade help...

Ok guys going to update cart for the third time and want it to go better than last time so reaching out for some help....

Several years back I bought and Alltrax from Scottie, solenoid to upgrade stock motor and had the dreaded MCOR issue, got a new one but never got the jumpy throttle problem worked out. Controller went out so went back to stock and got a upgraded motor from local golf cart guy and it did much much better but is absolutely horrible on any marginal hill. Motor now has a problem so going to upgrade.

So after the history, I want to upgrade controller and motor but want a much easier conversion without jumpy crap I had last time. I'm also planning on a 3" jakes lift with 12" or 14" rims and I have to have better hill performance but want good top speed too. It seems that Alltrax has come along ways since my update so what would you guys recommend based on my needs?
hawgsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2019, 01:57 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 Precedent Upgrade help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgsalot View Post
Ok guys going to update cart for the third time and want it to go better than last time so reaching out for some help....

Several years back I bought and Alltrax from Scottie, solenoid to upgrade stock motor and had the dreaded MCOR issue, got a new one but never got the jumpy throttle problem worked out. Controller went out so went back to stock and got a upgraded motor from local golf cart guy and it did much much better but is absolutely horrible on any marginal hill. Motor now has a problem so going to upgrade.

So after the history, I want to upgrade controller and motor but want a much easier conversion without jumpy crap I had last time. I'm also planning on a 3" jakes lift with 12" or 14" rims and I have to have better hill performance but want good top speed too. It seems that Alltrax has come along ways since my update so what would you guys recommend based on my needs?
This right here ^^^ in BOLD.
Alltrax has new software in a new generation of smart controllers (XCT) since your last DCX control. This control will take cart's throttle signal and make it a smooth 0-100%. Admittedly, the old DCX did not play nice with the MCOR, primarily because the marketed 5k-0 signal was often so far off that it either started too high and peaked too early or started too low and never reached full potential. This issue has been addressed in the current version. There are also user adjustments to tailor the throttle response to whatever you like best.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:58 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had the dreaded DCX with MCOR jumping problems. Fortunately it broke and Alltrax replaced it with a XCT. All problems are gone and I couldn't be more happy with it.

I would recommend the Alltrax XCT500. But that will not solve your problem. You need more Horsepower to go with it. I got a AMD7144 speed/torque motor. With 20" tire it went from going 13 mph uphill to 20 mph.

My 2¢
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:32 PM   #4
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This right here ^^^ in BOLD.
Alltrax has new software in a new generation of smart controllers (XCT) since your last DCX control. This control will take cart's throttle signal and make it a smooth 0-100%. Admittedly, the old DCX did not play nice with the MCOR, primarily because the marketed 5k-0 signal was often so far off that it either started too high and peaked too early or started too low and never reached full potential. This issue has been addressed in the current version. There are also user adjustments to tailor the throttle response to whatever you like best.
Scottie so what would you recommend on my upgrade, going to do it all at one time.
hawgsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgsalot View Post

Your Controller issue is answered, But if you go with a Jake's spindle lift you will double the turning radius. Piece of crap IMHO. I installed one a member's cart at the club that he had bought himself. Within 6 months, replaced it with an All Sports lift. Much better lift than Jake's.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:07 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
-snip-
Jake's spindle lift you will double the turning radius. Piece of crap IMHO. All Sports lift. Much better lift than Jake's.
Ditto. Not sure why anyone even buys those in comparison to others....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car