lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2019, 08:41 AM   #1
sonofagunn
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Is too much regen harmful?

In the Alltrax software you can set the amount of regen amps. I'm wondering if you can set this high enough to cause overheating or damage your batteries?
sonofagunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2019, 09:01 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Is too much regen harmful?

I do not believe it will allow that. Alltrax can tell you for sure. With an Executioner motor there is very little even when turned all the way up. With an other motors, it makes a fairly good difference, but I have ran them as high as they can go and never had an issue. I am a proponent of regen braking.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:37 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofagunn View Post
In the Alltrax software you can set the amount of regen amps. I'm wondering if you can set this high enough to cause overheating or damage your batteries?
I've asked Alltrax the same question. Their answer is no. I've got customers who use regen for mountain braking.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:43 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Definitely no issues with the Controller, regardless how strong You set the Regen current the Controller will not allow the pack voltage to get above the "Over voltage" setting.

The possible issue is the Motor, specially high-speed motors depending on how it is designed, if they have too much advance on the commutator timing the Motor will not be able to develop much Regen current and it could actually arc during Regen.

I have not seen any of the Motor manufactures put out an official announcement about their Regen capability.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car