lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2019, 12:25 PM   #1
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2008 Club Car Precedent - Missing Tow/Run Switch & Upgrade Question

So I have had a 2008 Club Car Precedent for a couple years and its missing the Tow/Run switch. I did not remove it. I guess one of the previous owners did.

Its never been a problem before but recently I have been having issues with the cart with inconsistent speed and surging. And now it seems stuck in Limp mode.

I want to go ahead and upgrade the controller and motor but I am concerned I dont have any way to put the cart in TOW mode.

Any ideas?

Also my cart is lifted 6" with 23 tires and a rear seat. We often have 4 people onboard and drive in sand and over small hills. What motor/controller combo would be good? I want one that has selective speed/torque so I can keep the speed low when the kids drive. Thanks!!!
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 Club Car Precedent - Missing Tow/Run Switch & Upgrade Question

Just disconnect the batteries. Which you should do anyway. Don't trust the run/tow sw.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:46 PM   #3
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I have seen missing Tow-Run switches replaced with blade fuse, jumper clips & large blue wire nuts. As a repair shop I feel obligated to inform the customer & return their cart to an original state, for about $50.
Probably your MCOR has seen better days. Several way to test, talk with David at Revolution for the best deal on an official MCOR
Do a speed sensor test, push the cart in reserve & if it BEEPs the speed sensor is good.
Big Tires, High lift, 4 folks over sand and Hills yes sir you need an upgrade...Talk to Carts Unlimited
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:56 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

It sure sounds like you have a bad speed sensor since you keep getting into Limp Mode. Could be a potentiometer starting to go in the MCOR, but that will not initiate Limp. Here are some great upgrade packages to look at from mild to wild https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/u...ages-precedent

PS- Reinstall that Run/Tow. You definitely need it for protection.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car