lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2019, 11:53 PM   #11
alchemy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Regen and roll away braking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Just wanted to be sure we were not talking about regen 1or2. I would have the regen set to milder setting.
I considered that but my closest dealer is maybe 2hrs away. When I read of that a couple months ago under someone elses thread I thought there's got to be a way to hack the system for us shade treeers. Maybe something like how you hack OB on cars through jumping various pins or something. Hard to expect an alchemist who comes up with that kind of stuff to get that deep into golf carts though I suppose or who would share it. Over time maybe.
Wouldn't that make my regen not really work well though? Should any setting at all cause the cart to stop on a steep hill like this?
Oh and the cart came from a large fleet and a multi billion dollar industry and they have no hills. There was some "professional" custom modifications I've found so far and not sure yet how far that goes. I'm sure they were just driven on the roads around their huge complex for minor hauling, maintenance and road supervisors.
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2019, 12:36 AM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemy View Post
yes, I found out right off the bat that it's a strange bird. It has a german motor with german text and apparently no speed sensor you can readily get to unless it's somewhere else.
AC motors don’t need a speed sensor because the controller uses the phase cycling to determine motor speed, and thus uses motor speed to determine proper phase timing for acceleration or deceleration.
At least that’s basically how it was done on the small RC systems that I’m more familiar with.

Regen braking or downhill braking (same thing) are used for speed control.
Roll-away braking is used to prevent the cart from free-wheeling away after being stopped or parked if the mechanical brakes are released and no-one is on the cart.

Regen braking can sound odd from an AC motor because of the way the phases change in order to provide that braking effect. A dieing seagull is probably about right depending on the motor design.

If you can give some details about the controller (brand/model) maybe someone here can figure out how to program it. Somebody (one person) at Club Car knows how, but good luck finding that person.
BobBoyce here is a guru when it comes to tweaking AC motor controllers in EZ-GO carts. He may have some ideas if you can manage to get in touch with him.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:34 AM   #13
alchemy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
AC motors don’t need a speed sensor because the controller uses the phase cycling to determine motor speed, and thus uses motor speed to determine proper phase timing for acceleration or deceleration.
At least that’s basically how it was done on the small RC systems that I’m more familiar with.

Regen braking or downhill braking (same thing) are used for speed control.
Roll-away braking is used to prevent the cart from free-wheeling away after being stopped or parked if the mechanical brakes are released and no-one is on the cart.

Regen braking can sound odd from an AC motor because of the way the phases change in order to provide that braking effect. A dieing seagull is probably about right depending on the motor design.

If you can give some details about the controller (brand/model) maybe someone here can figure out how to program it. Somebody (one person) at Club Car knows how, but good luck finding that person.
BobBoyce here is a guru when it comes to tweaking AC motor controllers in EZ-GO carts. He may have some ideas if you can manage to get in touch with him.
You rock! That's more info than I've seen anywhere right there. So it does have a seat switch afterall??? So the roll away brakes only are to apply if it's sitting with no one on it? This one won't really roll with me on it except in slow increments.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:17 AM   #14
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
He's got a Carryall 6 LSV with an AC Drive system. The reason I haven't chimed into any of his posts to help him is because I've never seen one so I don't know anything at all about them.
Well then I'll just shut my mouth.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:36 AM   #15
alchemy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Well then I'll just shut my mouth.
I have the secret 007 version! My next thread will be "what is this red button for."
Old 10-09-2019, 07:27 PM   #16
alchemy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Had a free moment today to try to look and thought I better get a little more organized to take the housing off and get good pics of everything in there when I get a chance. There was nothing on the big housing under the seat.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:46 AM   #17
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemy View Post
I have the secret 007 version! My next thread will be "what is this red button for."
Push it and find out! We'll know what it's for if we see you go into LEO.

Can you post come pics of the cart and the stuff under the seat? Follow the three large wires from the Motor. They'll go straight to the controller.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:18 PM   #18
alchemy
Gone Wild

met this girl right about the same time I bought this cart and I gave her the link but she said it just sort of flashed or something and wouldn't come up but it looked like a helicopter (since it was a gov auction). I said "well, it does look like a helicopter without the blades." We called it a helicopter from then on.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:00 PM   #19
alchemy
Gone Wild

auction pics, Ive since replaced the windshield
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4788_6206_1.jpg (208.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4788_6206_2.jpg (211.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4788_6206_3.jpg (198.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4788_6206_4.jpg (120.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg without side boards.jpg (15.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-10-2019, 04:37 PM   #20
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Ah OK, I think I've seen this one before in another thread maybe.
Your controller will probably be mounted further back under the bed area somewhere.

I can only imagine how heavy that bed is, so be sure to use a sturdy support to hold it up after you lift it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car