lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2019, 06:41 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax controller reading throttle at 100%

Make sure you also have close to 5v as measured from the White wire to the Purple/White wire.

If you do, test the MCOR output by measuring the voltage on the Yellow wire as you press the pedal.

It should vary from around 0.3v when the MCOR micro switch closes to around 4.6v at pedal down.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2019, 09:03 AM   #12
mrnix310
Not Yet Wild

Everything passed on those tests, going to ring the wires from the 3 pin to the pins on the connector going into the controller, if continuity is good, I’ll contact alltrax tech.
mrnix310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:14 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You have an Excel cart (serial number starts with PH) don't use the continuity test since there are 453Ω resistors in each of those wires between the MCOR and Controller.

Use your meter resistance setting for those wires to verify the resistors in that case.

Are there any other error flags on the Alltrax Monitor screen?
Old 10-18-2019, 09:36 AM   #14
mrnix310
Not Yet Wild

Mine starts with PQ, no error flags.

Last edited by mrnix310; 10-18-2019 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: Correction
Old 10-18-2019, 10:52 AM   #15
mrnix310
Not Yet Wild

Verified no resistors in the circuit, continuity good for all three wires.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #16
mrnix310
Not Yet Wild

I have a dyslexic moment. The test from the white to yellow pressing the pedal gives me opposite results. Pedal depressed I get 4.6v and as I press it, voltages drops to about .13 full throttle.

Adding that I looked up mcor test procedures, and tested from my battery neg. terminal to yellow, I got the results you posted, starting at low voltage, .1 and increasing to 4.6v fully pressed. I think the mcor is functioning like it should and wiring is correct, going to reach out to alltrax.

Last edited by mrnix310; 10-18-2019 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: Added additional info.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:31 AM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The throttle output (yellow wire) needs to be measured in reference to the low side (purple wire).

Make sure the 16-pin connector is fully seated on the controller and if you have an insulation piercing probe for your meter, pin #2 on the controller is where Alltrax is reading the throttle signal.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:28 PM   #18
mrnix310
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Sergio, but the issue doesn't seem to be with the mcor, but possibly the alltrax controller. We went through and played with a lot of the settings and sent a log file to the engineers, but it's acting quirky as somethings it was indicating on the monitor page aren't working now. We will see.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:00 PM   #19
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnix310 View Post
Thanks Sergio, but the issue doesn't seem to be with the mcor, but possibly the alltrax controller. We went through and played with a lot of the settings and sent a log file to the engineers, but it's acting quirky as somethings it was indicating on the monitor page aren't working now. We will see.
Please keep us posted. Very curious what caused the problem, and what the solution is.

Sounds like you did your homework.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:56 PM   #20
mrnix310
Not Yet Wild

Will do, after talking with the tech, it appears it’s most likely an issue internal To the controller or the pins on the connector aren’t seated and making contact with the controller receptacle. Going to pull the batteries out again tomorrow and take a good luck at that connector.

Tags
alltrax, mcor, throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car