lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2019, 09:50 PM   #1
4U2NVME
Not Yet Wild

Default 36 Volt Club Car -- Not always go..

HI all.

I have a 36 Volt Club car, 1984, George Orwell style. It was a mechanics special... ok a not so handy man handy special. I have learned alot about the cart already.

He installed the plastic angles micro switch plate activator thingy backwards..so it was always engaged I got that fixed and it still did not really want to go anywhere fast.

What I was told when I purchased it:

He replaced micro switches
Had batteries checked and were good,
had motor checked and was good
changed the salanoid ( how you spell that *** word ) / checked on the back wall with the coiled resistance wire strung between themand they were good.

What i found was, the backwards speed plate, and the batteries were definitely not good, those were replaced.

What I am finding now, sometimes it goes, some times it does not. If I push back and forth on the gas pedal it will eventually catch and move. I am hearing a clicking noise as I push the gas pedal down, but not sure if its the micro switches ( assume not since they so small and now covered by seat ) so it must be a solenoid( there that gotta be spelt right) when I had that box apart, I did check each micro switch for continuity and when I activated the switch it did close and give me a beep on my multi tester.

I have the cart with the forward/neutral/reverse switch that is a rocker by your legs...

Thanks for any input or help appreciate it!
4U2NVME is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car