lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2019, 05:12 PM   #1
Joel Hicks
Not Yet Wild

Default ProperBattery Disconnect on 1984 36V Club Car

I'm new to the golf cart universe.

I recently purchased a 1984 Club Car. The batteries have been replaced with new. I will be replacing the solenoids when it gets warmer.

After searching the intergoogle for a manual for this model year, Ive had no luck (checked the Club car site). So I'm reaching out to determine the best way to store the cart over the winter.

There are different schools of thought on what's the best practice for storage.

The cart will be stored in northern Indiana in an uninsulated, enclosed shed.

I have the functioning charger for that model; there is electric current in the shed, so I can charge it there.

Should I leave the batteries in the cart and unplug the charger once the batteries charged?

Or should I leave the charger plugged in?

Should I remove the batteries?

Guidance will be much appreciated.

Joel
Joel Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2019, 07:25 AM   #2
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: ProperBattery Disconnect on 1984 36V Club Car

I also store my carts in an unheated uninsulated pole barn. I leave the chargers plugged in all the time. If you fully charge the batteries before storing the cart they will be fine. If you can go out and restart the charger once a month that would be even better.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:47 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: ProperBattery Disconnect on 1984 36V Club Car

The type of charger you have will determine whether or not it makes any sense to leave the cart plugged in. Most "modern" charging systems have some type of functionality that will keep the batteries charged when the cart isn't being used. That said, if your charger is as old as your cart it might not. That said, so long as you don't have to manually turn your charger off it won't hurt anything if you leave it plugged in so you may as well go that route.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car