lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2019, 06:09 PM   #1
BigN8
Not Yet Wild

Default Do I need new batteries

2017 Club Car Precedent. Last weekend played 18 holes on a full charge. Batteries are 2 years old and they were fully charged when I started playing. Cart started to die on #18. Had to get towed back to the house. Today I played 18 and went home to check the voltage of the batteries. After 9 holes which was about 2 hours 20 minutes the pack read 49volts. Each battery was 8.2, 8.13, 8.23, 8.21, 8.12, 8.12.

Does this mean my batteries are shot?
BigN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2019, 06:27 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Do I need new batteries

Maybe. Not making through 18 holes is a certain indication the batteries need replacing. Several other factors need looking at.
Like, what is the battery pack voltage if the pack is fully charged and left to sit for 12-24 hours?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SOC new.jpg (96.8 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:27 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you checked the water/acid level in the batteries? Check for loose connections on the batteries by wiggling the cables back and forth and check if they are getting hot when using it. Check for corrosion on the terminals.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:50 AM   #4
BigN8
Not Yet Wild

I played 18 yesterday and had a rider in the cart. The cart did fine and I had 48.4V on the pack and about 8.1-8.23V on each battery. The one thing I did differently was I charged it over night, but in the morning about 3 hours before the round I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in to kind of "top off" the batteries. Could this mean my charger isn't charging to the fullest capacity? I have the ERIC charger.
BigN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:15 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

On the old PowerDrive chargers if you did that it would put the charger in equalization mode charge. Perhaps that's the way ERIC chargers work also. Was the charger off when you went to play golf or still charging?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car