lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
Edriedger
Not Yet Wild

Default 1993 Columbia Club Car no power

I have a 93 par car that I took in for new batteries and the guy switched the 6 6v batteries to (3) 12v batteries claiming 36v was 36v. It ran for about 10 minutes then stopped and had never run again... I took it back to him and he claims that this piece is not working (photos)

Can anyone tell me where to even start with this? I’m assuming, and being told that he was totally wrong putting the 12v in there and I don’t have any Par Car dealer within 200 miles of me. Any help would be appreciated
Edriedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1993 Columbia Club Car no power

No dealer should ever do that. That is a huge downgrade in run time, as there is significantly less lead in three batteries as opposed to six. Get your money back!
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hopefully a moderator will transfer this thread to the Columbia ParCar section where you may get more responses.

Are the 12v batteries Golf Cart batteries?

Even if they are, like LukeL said the performance has been reduced.

Here is some information on how to test and adjust that speed control module in your picture:
http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/...0SP11--432.pdf
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:01 PM   #4
Edriedger
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I don’t believe they are golf cart batteries, I told him to take them out and switch back to the old ones... bad thing is that this place, a battery store, has had that cart for a year... I’m going to go pick it up Monday but not sure where to even start once I get it back. It was a great running cart till he switched to the 12v, my kids took it to the end of the street and it just quit, won’t take a charge or anything which obviously made me think the 12v wouldn’t even work in that car....

Not sure if I can transfer this the thread you’re talking about but I’ll repost over there... thanks for the replies
Old 12-06-2019, 08:05 PM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Once you get the original batteries post here for help. We can probably help you more than that guy…
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:45 PM   #6
Edriedger
Not Yet Wild

LukeL

Thanks a bunch I appreciate it....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car