lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2020, 10:58 AM   #1
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Good affordable charger

I would like to invest in a decent charger for my CC regen2 48v. I have seen a several on Amazon but I'm not sure what's quality..

I'm looking for one that is stand alone that bypasses the obc..

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated..

Thank you David
DOUGHBOYSFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2020, 12:34 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Good affordable charger

Here is the MODZ Max https://www.ebay.com/itm/Club-Car-MO...sAAOSwLvldXcKw from GCK who id a site sponsor here. There may be more. I personally would spend more and buy the best on the market which is a Summit II https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...rger-13-18-amp. This is the best of the best and is BT and has all the different profiles and logs to take you far into the future.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:52 PM   #3
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Here is the MODZ Max https://www.ebay.com/itm/Club-Car-MO...sAAOSwLvldXcKw from GCK who id a site sponsor here. There may be more. I personally would spend more and buy the best on the market which is a Summit II https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...rger-13-18-amp. This is the best of the best and is BT and has all the different profiles and logs to take you far into the future.

Thank you, I saw the Modz max on Amazon and thought it looked pretty good but wasn't sure..

I think I will order that one
Old 01-04-2020, 06:56 PM   #4
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post

I just ordered the modz max charger your suggested.

My question is even though it says it will work with my factory OBC should I still bypass it??

I was thinking i should but wanted to check with you guys first...
Old 01-04-2020, 07:28 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

It will work with or without it. I usually remove the OBC to get rid of the clutter, but it should work either way. I have 2 of those chargers and they work fine for me at that price. As Nole said there are probably better ones but this one suits my needs.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:14 PM   #6
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
It will work with or without it. I usually remove the OBC to get rid of the clutter, but it should work either way. I have 2 of those chargers and they work fine for me at that price. As Nole said there are probably better ones but this one suits my needs.

My thought was to remove the OBC not only to clear clutter but that also removes one more thing that could be wrong on a 20 year old cart..

I am going to follow the sticky post by Sergio on bypassing the OBC
Old 01-05-2020, 02:39 AM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUGHBOYSFAST View Post
My thought was to remove the OBC not only to clear clutter but that also removes one more thing that could be wrong on a 20 year old cart..

I am going to follow the sticky post by Sergio on bypassing the OBC
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:19 AM   #8
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Is this the correct procedure to doing the OBC bypass?

Ok so I'm about to attempt to do the OBC bypass on my 2000 regen 2 - 48 volt cart... before I go cutting any wires I want to confirm what I need to do and that I'm doing it correctly..

From what I read through out this thread is I'm going to connect the 10 gauge black wire from the back of the charge receptacle directly to the negative pack.

Then I will remove the yellow cable that runs from the positive of the controller to the passenger side solenoid and connect it directly to the negative side of the controller.

Finally I will snip the white and blue wire coming off the obc and connect them together using a small automotive style fuse..

I added a picture that I drew up on the wiring diagram just so it's clear what I am talking about..

Can someone please confirm if I am correct or if I missed any steps. Also please correct anything I have wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200104-211711_Gallery.jpg (75.1 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car