lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #11
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1997 Club Car DS electrical issues - shorted during OBC stud install

During the initial bolt in obc install did you protect the bolt/cable from the back panel of the obc. Mine is metal attached to the frame.....how i read the op you may have grounded to frame to controller. Hopefully i misread. Everything worked up until the "bolt" method.
Test the solenoid first
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #12
crash test dummy

Default Re: 1997 Club Car DS electrical issues - shorted during OBC stud install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epb View Post
During the initial bolt in obc install did you protect the bolt/cable from the back panel of the obc. Mine is metal attached to the frame.....how i read the op you may have grounded to frame to controller. Hopefully i misread. Everything worked up until the "bolt" method.
Test the solenoid first
could of shorted the controller
if solenoid is good tell him about the controller test bypass
Old 09-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #13
networkjack
Not Yet Wild

I have a solar charge controller it works pretty well. It is one of the better ones that allows individual cells to charge even if the other cells are in the shade, a MPPT. Also this is not about the solar panels or the solar charge controller. I don't have a 12v panel I have two 24volt panels that work just great and don't drain the batteries due to the MPPT. I don't think I fried the controller it is an alltrax programmable controller and the green light still shows that it is fine and does not show a code. I can connect to it with the laptop and all is still good. I tried using some cable insulation to slide onto the bolt and protect the OBC from getting shorted out but such is life if it did or if I shorted anything else out. I guess I will just hot wire the golf cart and go on from here. Thanks for all the help I will test the solenoid and move on after that or maybe it will just sit and piss my wife off and myself since I drive it to work and save on gas. Wish I had never done crap with the **** OBC and had just bought and auto charger. I give up and will figure it out on my own. Thanks anyway. I have doctoral class work to be working on anyway. Have fun all. I have learned a lot be reading these boards but no I have to move on and then fix it myself later. I have ran into too many dead ends.

Best to all.
networkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #14
crash test dummy

sad
Old 09-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #15
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Before you leave could you post a picture of your cart with the two 24 volt panels?
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:28 PM   #16
Ania hughes
Not Yet Wild

I did this to my charger and it kept blowing a fuse when I plugged it in what did I do wrong I spliced the 2 black wires together help please I’m at campground and can’t charge cart
Ania hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:04 PM   #17
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ania hughes View Post
I did this to my charger and it kept blowing a fuse when I plugged it in what did I do wrong I spliced the 2 black wires together help please I’m at campground and can’t charge cart
This is an old thread. Please start a new one and explain your problem, cart serial number etc.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1997, club car ds, electrical, obc, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car