lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2022, 09:22 PM   #1
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G2 Lift Question

I have a 1990 Yamaha G2 Gas and I am trying to decide on a lift. I am thinking about the Jake's Long Travel or the A-Arm kit. I am trying to make sure I don't increase the turning radius.

I also need to rebuild the front end, lots of slop in the ds bearings and some play in the king pins. Are there any lifts that replace everything, including the spindles?

Thanks for the help!
AEmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2022, 08:26 PM   #2
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G2 Lift Question

I got lucky and the major play in the ds front was just the nut coming loose. I was surprised to see that they aren't castle nuts that are kept from loosening with the cotter pin... Either way, it is good to go. I am still going to replace the king pins and associated parts since they are worn.

Anyway, I am trying to decide on the Jake's LT or the A-Arm lift and I'd like to add the rear facing seat so rear shocks are in order.

Is there a good reason to choose the long travel over the a-arm, if I am going to get shocks all around anyway? My use is mild off-road and lots of pavement. I don't want to gain turing radius...
Old 09-20-2022, 05:52 PM   #3
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I just thought of another question, does anyone know of a HD push bar that will work with the Jake’s LT kit? It looks like the Grizzly Metal Works version won’t work due to the receiver coming out the front, but I’m not sure.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:27 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

There's no comparison between the LT and the standard a arm kit. The LT is vastly superior, especially off road. It's worth the money. The disc brake kit will make the cart stop on a dime from top speed while maintaining control, worth the extra just for safety.

Rear shocks will need to be upgraded if you plan on hauling weight in the rear seat. Many people have used utility atv coil overs with good success. No matter what you upgrade to it will stiffen the ride in the rear when empty, no in between there. I have used Yamaha Grizzly rear shocks with good luck, but you'll need to possibly modify the shock mount locations. There are some coil spring upgrade kits available too.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 10:55 PM   #5
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have decided to order the LT kit and HD rear shocks. I am thinking 22” tires…
Old 09-23-2022, 03:56 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

22" tires are a good choice. I would recommend an all terrain tread, I have used Saharas with good luck, but there are so many.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts