lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2016, 11:12 PM   #1
Billyzack60
Not Yet Wild

Default How to make a G1 go faster

I just got a 1979 Yamaha G1 and the previous owner rebuilt it for running in the desert and climbing and I want it for street use. It goes about 15mph. I would like a bit more speed. Is there a not too expensive way to give it some high end speed. Thanks, Billy
Billyzack60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2016, 03:22 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: How to make a G1 go faster

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-needed-2.html

Read post 9 and 11 that's how I disabled my governor my g1 will get up in the upper 20s on flat pavement with stock tires
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #3
OgreTX
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I wanted to be able to "redo" the governor when I knew my grandson was coming to visit ... kids and golf carts ... go figure. See post #4 here (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ole-drive.html) for a quick way to re-engage the governor if you need to.

Ogre
OgreTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:26 PM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thats a good way to hook it back up ever have any problems with the arm working its way up on the shaft when govener is bypassed?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:10 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Real simple power increase.
Go to Yamaha and get the motorcycle 250 CC head gasket, its thinner, then put on 2 base gaskets. Simple, but works well.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:19 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Real simple power increase.
Go to Yamaha and get the motorcycle 250 CC head gasket, its thinner, then put on 2 base gaskets. Simple, but works well.
Yes, this is called "raising the ports". It's kinda like increasing the timing on a 4 stroke.

What I did was change out the top end for a Yamaha Enticer 250cc sled top end. It actually bolts right up. You will need the correct carburator, or at least a 32mm carb like a Mikuni. Some fabrication of the intake will be needed, but with this setup my cart ran over 35 mph, and had noticeably more power. The only drawback is that low rpm power was reduced, so towing a heavy load was not as good as the G1 setup. This setup likes to rev, and I could hit 5500 rpm without issue.

Here's the thread
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...0-project.html
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha