lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #1
Assassin
Getting Wild

Default 2004 Yamaha G21 Utility

Picked up a G21 on Friday ~~~not running ...owner said it stopped 3 weeks ago and they bought a RANGER. Jakes lift / chrome wheels ( which will be painted black soon)love the big utility bed on it. I charged the battery ,,,and it spins no crank....any suggestions where to start.

I thought I would buy it repair and sell. But think I will get sell my other cart if I get this repaired. So handy to have on the farm with the big long bed.

Any help will be appreciated --THANKS
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2004 Yamaha G21 Utility

First, verify the throttle does open when gas pedal is pressed, then spray a shot of ether or carb/brake cleaner down the carb to see if it starts. If not, no spark, try unplugging the plug at front bottom of engine with blue & black wires, check for spark again. If you still have no spark with plug disconnected, you have a bad TCI (plug grounds out coil to kill spark). if you now get spark, you have a problem with the ignition kill relay or cart wiring (relay under black cover at drivers side, small black relay with rubber band around it).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:53 PM   #3
Assassin
Getting Wild

thanks cgtech
well today....i had good battery i put in there. Took it to my friends shop / we took off carb cleaned and installed with new gasket/ new spark plug/new fuel filter/oil and filter change/drained gas tank ( had water in it) new vacuum hose/ fresh gas and picked up a set of black 10 inch wheels painted them gloss black and took the tires off the aluminum wheels installed on the black rims.....took it down to the hunting club and rode all afternoon~~PRICLESS!!! Busy day but got it DONE!!!! it runs GREAT!!!
Old 03-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Yamaha's are easy to work on. They just ask for a little care, then they will take care of you. Nice find and fix
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:44 AM   #5
Assassin
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Yamaha's are easy to work on. They just ask for a little care, then they will take care of you. Nice find and fix

thanks Yes there are....took the brush guard off my old Yamaha and installed on the utility cart....and i needed a head light bezel and bulb as one side was broken....picked up a whole front end with both lights and bulbs/turn signals yesterday for $20 ....so going to replace both of them with the ones i got yesterday !!! and then this project is done/in one week exactly.....i really ;love the utility cart ....seems more powerful!!! as does well on hills and in the woods on trails.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha