lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2017, 07:06 PM   #11
Molon Labe USA
Getting Wild

Default Re: I Plasti Dipped my G29 this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBaker View Post
Thanks! I decided to go home a re-spray during lunch. And all is well again.
Molon Labe USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2017, 07:46 AM   #12
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looking really nice, i've plasti dip few cart myself too.. it's a interesting way to go if you don't have a paint shop,, do you plan to put clossifier or you want to keep mate ?
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:09 AM   #13
Tommy T
Gone Wild

Club Car

go with the glossifier it will make it lay down nice. and add the shine we all like.
Tommy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:29 AM   #14
PapaBaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd62 View Post
Looking really nice, i've plasti dip few cart myself too.. it's a interesting way to go if you don't have a paint shop,, do you plan to put clossifier or you want to keep mate ?
No, I'm not putting a glossifier on it for a few reason.
1) I like matte paint jobs. I'm over matte black but I loved purple in matte ever since I saw the Minnesota Vikings new helmets (FYI, not a Vikings fan.)
2) This particular color of dip is not completely matte. Its one of the few colors that has a silver flake it in which gives a small metallic effect.
3) I've used the glossifier before on a car and it felt sticky afterwards. I remember driving the car the day after I glossed it and Polin stuck to it like crazy. I ended up peeling the dip off.
4) Im going to spray the Protective spray on it which makes it slicker, and gives a smoother feel. It also enhances the colors and shine and gives UV protection.
PapaBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:01 AM   #15
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
1) I like matte paint jobs. I'm over matte black but I loved purple in matte ever since I saw the Minnesota Vikings new helmets (FYI, not a Vikings fan.)
2) This particular color of dip is not completely matte. Its one of the few colors that has a silver flake it in which gives a small metallic effect.
3) I've used the glossifier before on a car and it felt sticky afterwards. I remember driving the car the day after I glossed it and Polin stuck to it like crazy. I ended up peeling the dip off.
4) Im going to spray the Protective spray on it which makes it slicker, and gives a smoother feel. It also enhances the colors and shine and gives UV protection.
I also love mate paint job.. i wasn't know glossifier was a little sticky that's nice to know... do you plan to go purple or black for your roof ?
Old 03-08-2017, 10:14 AM   #16
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
No glossifier for me either I like the matte look too.

2164.jpg

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:02 AM   #17
PapaBaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd62 View Post
I also love mate paint job.. i wasn't know glossifier was a little sticky that's nice to know... do you plan to go purple or black for your roof ?
I was going to decide after the cart was back together and I put the wheels on which are black with a machined face. You can see them in the background of this pic. I was thinking of doing black paint to bring out the black in the wheels but I'm not sure. I also have to decide on a vinyl color for the seats.

I also thought about dipping the Yamaha rocker panels to match the body but wasnt sure since the wheels have black in them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Unknown-1.jpeg (117.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-08-2017, 11:06 AM   #18
PapaBaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
No glossifier for me either I like the matte look too.

Attachment 148517
Thats a beast! I like it!
Old 03-08-2017, 12:20 PM   #19
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I was going to decide after the cart was back together and I put the wheels on which are black with a machined face. You can see them in the background of this pic. I was thinking of doing black paint to bring out the black in the wheels but I'm not sure. I also have to decide on a vinyl color for the seats.

I also thought about dipping the Yamaha rocker panels to match the body but wasnt sure since the wheels have black in them.
I saw that your wheel look like mine,, my roof math my body, with purple and black seat. Personally i like roof and body the same colour but everybody is different, I attached a picture of my RVX, hope this can help in your decision
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0139.jpg (295.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-09-2017, 11:00 AM   #20
PapaBaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I put on the protective spray on last night and it does make a huge difference in texture. You cant tell its dip anymore. It feels more like vinyl now. I can tell it makes the dip more scratch resistant too because I installed my back seat last night and did something by accident that would've normally scratched/ripped the dip but there was no mark. The only issue is you have to re-apply after every wash but its super easy to apply. It comes in something like a windex bottle so you just spray on and wipe off.

I decided to go ahead and dip the roof the same color. I ordered another gallon today.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha