lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2017, 11:30 AM   #11
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: which lift kit?

Naturallight: I did the kit install myself during a teardown and rebuild. Very easy install with the body off the cart, one hole to drill at rear of cart. I imagine a few busted knuckles with the body on the cart. Yamaha bolts are very tight from the factory. Here is a link to an earlier post I did on this cart.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...rtex-body.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yamaha Factory Lift Kit.jpg (425.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ryan's MOT-D2 motor.jpg (247.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg driver side lift kit bracket.jpg (323.4 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2017, 09:45 AM   #12
8ball_99
Not Yet Wild

I put a 2" yamaha lift on my 2014 g29 last night. It is a nice kit and bolted right in. Like ping said you only drill one 5/16 hole in the back for a sway bar bracket. I also replaced the rear Springs with Jake's hd ones at the same time.

I do have one question maybe you know PingEye? The instructions say for 2014 and newer the tiered end needs to be changed. And gives a part number. I'm not sure why other then the threaded end on the ball joint is to short to allow the washer/spacer to be used. It seems fine with out the washer though. The washer is only about 1/4" thick. In your installs was there enough threads on the ball joint to use the washer?
8ball_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:04 PM   #13
Naturallight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the lowdown on the install of the factory 2" lift. I will send a picture of before and after when I get it done.
Naturallight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:07 PM   #14
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

You have gas or electric
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:23 PM   #15
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

8Ball_99: Both of the carts I installed the lift kit on were 2011 and 2012. I did not replace any tie rod ends as they were solid. I do remember the spacers and the only thing I can remember is the cotter pin being very tight to install. It could be that the 2014 and later had tie rod ends with a short stud, but that is pure guessing based on those instructions you had. And of course, I am working off of memory or what is left of it!!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:39 PM   #16
8ball_99
Not Yet Wild

Yeah my tiered ends have shorter studs. In fact they don't even have cotter pins. The stud is only about 1/8" longer then the lock nut. I'll probably order a set of the old style tiered ends. Besides the spacer, I'd rather have a cotter pin on there to make sure the nut doesn't back off.
8ball_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:43 PM   #17
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

8Ball_99: You might consider taking a nut off the tie rod end and taking it to your local Ace Hardware and getting two metric nylon insert nuts to replace the existing nuts and forget the tie rod end replacement unless they are worn.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:49 PM   #18
Naturallight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Does $350 sound about right for the factory 2 inch lift?
Old 06-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #19
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is a good price. I think dealer price is $307. Here is part number GCA-JC150-00-00 - YDR 2-inch Lift Kit.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:00 PM   #20
Naturallight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks PingEye3
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha