lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2017, 01:09 PM   #1
CDevil
Not Yet Wild

Default 66' Three Wheel Harley Electric Cart, all apart. What now?

I have a 1966 (I think - see tag) Harley Davidson 3 wheel cart that belonged to my parents in Connecticut. It ran when I got it several years ago. I took it apart with the intent to restore it, and just never found the time. (Not a unique story, I know.) Not sure the best way to go about selling it. Part it out? Sell it whole as a resto project? I'm in Rhode Island on the CT border. Any wisdom or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (261.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4199.jpg (209.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4213.jpg (220.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4195.jpg (224.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4211.jpg (209.8 KB, 0 views)
CDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 66' Three Wheel Harley Electric Cart, all apart. What now?

Well, I have 3 HDs and a bunch of other vintage carts. I am always looking around for other old carts to tinker with or canabalize for parts.

I am not trying to be a wise guy but what you have there has no value as a restoration project. It's just too far gone. If anything, you may need to pay someone to take it away.

If you are going to make any cash on that at all you'll be pretty much limited to the motor. Assuming it works you may get $150 for it. The electronics in those carts were, understandably, very basic and used very basic solenoids and resistors for speed control. There simply isn't any money there with that stuff.

You may find a buyer for the seats if they are ok. Scrap value for the frame.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:26 PM   #3
CDevil
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input. The frame is actually quite solid. A good sandblasting will take care of the rust. Appreciate the advice on the motor. May end up going that route if I have no takers the rest of it.
CDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Cool cart, I've basically got the same one in my '68. I would think someone would love to put it back together. It looks like you've got everything, I'd try to sell it all on your local craigslist. Or better yet, I'd love to see you put it back together in a build thread here on BGW...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, harley 3 wheel, parts
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson