lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2018, 08:34 AM   #11
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 Ydrex 48 volt no click

Mine is different:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy7e0A3AmMk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2018, 09:37 AM   #12
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Interesting. Add that to the rolodex in my brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:43 AM   #13
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Mine has the original Moric controller. Does yours?

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
Old 06-07-2018, 10:01 AM   #14
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

With all that said, Toppy I have a stock solenoid that I need to get rid of. I can’t give it away but would sell it cheap if you’re interested.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:04 AM   #15
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Mine has the original Moric controller. Does yours?

No I recently upgraded to Alltrax but I do not remember my solenoid clicking with the key prior to upgrade. Hell maybe it did.

Old 06-09-2018, 03:53 AM   #16
toppyblue
Not Yet Wild

Been reading and reading....The place I bought the cart from says they no longer sell or service yamahas..because of all the problems..The local golf cart guru( a friend of my son) tells me to sell it when it is running because those yamahas do weird things that defy logic.
Mine is still jacked up(rear wheels free).Aparenty the moric controller is moronic,,Isn't that Ironic?? Yamaha name with a lemon controller.
I am not giving up...someone somewhere knows how to fix this problem.My intuition tells me that I can run a hot wire to the controller or solenoid to bypass the erratic behavior...I do not want to smoke the controller . Just run 48 volts to some point/connection with an in line switch to power off and on.Is this possible??
toppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:13 AM   #17
toppyblue
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_B_Man View Post
With all that said, Toppy I have a stock solenoid that I need to get rid of. I can’t give it away but would sell it cheap if you’re interested.

Thanks for the offer....just do not think that will solve the problem.
toppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:20 AM   #18
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppyblue View Post
Been reading and reading....The place I bought the cart from says they no longer sell or service yamahas..because of all the problems..The local golf cart guru( a friend of my son) tells me to sell it when it is running because those yamahas do weird things that defy logic.

Mine is still jacked up(rear wheels free).Aparenty the moric controller is moronic,,Isn't that Ironic?? Yamaha name with a lemon controller.

I am not giving up...someone somewhere knows how to fix this problem.My intuition tells me that I can run a hot wire to the controller or solenoid to bypass the erratic behavior...I do not want to smoke the controller . Just run 48 volts to some point/connection with an in line switch to power off and on.Is this possible??

Have you considered an Alltrax controller upgrade?

Old 08-20-2018, 05:33 PM   #19
Javo
Not Yet Wild

Hello, i just bought a used ydex 2011 cart and filled the batteries with distilled water and charged them, it charged ok, but the cart wont move, i checked the solenoid is ok, it clicks when key is turned and when pedal is pressed, backup sound working, voltage is 48.4, replaced the throttle position sensor that seemed to had a dead spot, i dont know if the controller can be tested i read that pushing the cart with the key on if it beeps means that the controler is working wich in my case it did so I’m asuming the controller is good, i noticed that if i push the cart with the gas pedal presed it runs for a split second, the only thing that i have left to test is the motor unless any one here suggests some other test.
Javo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:45 PM   #20
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javo View Post
Hello, i just bought a used ydex 2011 cart and filled the batteries with distilled water and charged them, it charged ok, but the cart wont move, i checked the solenoid is ok, it clicks when key is turned and when pedal is pressed, backup sound working, voltage is 48.4, replaced the throttle position sensor that seemed to had a dead spot, i dont know if the controller can be tested i read that pushing the cart with the key on if it beeps means that the controler is working wich in my case it did so I’m asuming the controller is good, i noticed that if i push the cart with the gas pedal presed it runs for a split second, the only thing that i have left to test is the motor unless any one here suggests some other test.

If it runs when you push it it’s a motor brush problem.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha