lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #1
itstheburns327
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Two Yamaha G22E bucking, surging, etc

Ok so here's an issue I have with 2 2003 G22Es. One is stock and the other I installed a 500a Alltrax controller programmed for the stock motor at the moment, HD solenoid, Admiral motor, 1/0 battery cable throughout, all brand spankin new. The other one is stock with a new solenoid, speed sensor and throttle sensor. When I step on the accelerator, both carts jerk and buck, sometimes not moving at all no matter what throttle position I'm in. No matter what, I cannot get either cart to start and operate smooth. The solenoid clicks and stays on while the pedal is depressed. The cart will sometimes creep then have full speed, stop and then start slow, buck, rinse and repeat no matter where the pedal position is. This is all random and unpredictable. I really have no clue what else it could be. I still have to go through the Admiral motor break-in process so the sudden and hard starts are less than desirable. I've checked for broken and loose wires throughout the harness. The stock cart, I'm thinking controller but I'm not sure. I have the stock controller from the upgraded cart to use for testing in the stock cart. All my batteries are good and charged, ALL of my connections are clean and tight, batteries, motor and solenoid. I've reprogrammed the Alltrax controller to stop reading from the speed sensor to see if it was bad or had a weak connection but had no change. I'm really at a loss as to what else could be doing this. Any help or suggestions to what I may be missing would be greatly appreciated
itstheburns327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Two Yamaha G22E bucking, surging, etc

Check for consistent voltage with no "dropuouts" at the gas pedal switch. That could indicate a bad pedal switch or bad tow/run switch.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #3
itstheburns327
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Two Yamaha G22E bucking, surging, etc

Thanks for the quick reply! I figured out whats wrong with the G22 with the alltrax controller. The controller is shutting down on Overtemp. I think the thermal sensor is bad since its reading 31c at rest and then spikes to 220c when I jump on the cart and try to drive. The spikes in temp are consistent with my bucking issue so this may be the problem here. The controller is ice cold and not burning like a volcano, haha.

AHHHHH the tow/run switch! SOB I didn't even think to check that one. I will recheck the stop switch and tow/run switch and report back.
itstheburns327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha