lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
TheHellYouSay
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha 36V G8 Stops Running (Then Starts Again?)

I have this sporadic issue where sometimes when I take the golf cart off the charger, it is just dead as a mackerel. The gentleman who sold it to me had these instructions - if it has been fully charged (i.e. the Lestronics unit has reached zero and stopped buzzing) then go ahead and pull the plug from the cart, otherwise, if still charging, unplug the charger.

The golf cart gets a fair amount of use for a week at a time as it's used at our vacation property to head to the beach and tour around the facility. I'm not quite sure if I follow the previous owners instructions to the letter, but when the cart goes dead, I can often revive it by giving it another charge.

Can someone help me with the proper protocol for charging? Or maybe you would be able to speculate on what makes it go dead like that? I figure when it goes into charging mode, it must turn off drive mode, or something to that effect. What if I charge it with the key turned on, does that matter? If there's a part that is failing, I would rather have it on hand and ready because the cart is pretty old and parts might be hard to find and my granddaughter really enjoys using it.

Thanks in advance to BGW Members for helping out - I am still pretty clueless about how this thing works!
TheHellYouSay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2018, 12:54 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Yamaha 36V G8 Stops Running (Then Starts Again?)

I bet it’s the little button in the charger port behind the seat that keeps it from driving while it’s plugged in. Have you checked to make sure it’s coming up all the way and making contact inside the receptacle?

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #3
TheHellYouSay
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha 36V G8 Stops Running (Then Starts Again?)

You mean that little button between the prongs that gets pushed in and (should) pop out again? Geez, I hope so because that's super easy to check. Thank you!!!

Last edited by TheHellYouSay; 07-21-2018 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: Wasn't thinking when I wrote the first post?
TheHellYouSay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha 36V G8 Stops Running (Then Starts Again?)

Yep. That’s it!

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nogo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha