lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2019, 07:35 AM   #11
Stan3718
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What to use on the black plastic

I’ve used a bunch of products previously, but this really impressed me on this last cart I did.

https://www.jaxwax.com/collections/w...rim-renew-8-oz

I also use the super blue on tires and trim with great results
Stan3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2019, 08:46 AM   #12
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

When I first got my 2011 fleet cart six years ago it looked great because the company I bought it from coated all of the black plastic with an armor all type of coating. Well it wasn’t long before it returned to weathered grey. I have had good long term results using RustOleum black spray on Truck Bed Coating in a spray can purchased from Walmart. This product is a textured finish and has great resistance to UV damage. I also use 303 Protectant over the entire cart once a year just before I take it to the Gulf Coast each summer. Before I took delivery of my cart I had the dealer replace the rear bumper with a new one. It now needs to be coated with RustOleum to look as good as the previously coated parts. Be sure to remove any previously applied treatments before applying the RustOleum (mineral spirits).
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:30 AM   #13
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Heat gun works the best.

Search youtube there's plenty of videos. and practice on something spare laying around, or somewhere inconspicuous first until you get the technique down.
I wonder if this will work on my body plastics hmmmmm
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Sure, works on anything plastic. IF you sand it with some 800-1000 grit first on REALLY faded ones, it helps. Basically it melts the surface of the plastic, bringing the natural oils in the plastic back to the surface and bringing back the color and shine. I've used it on countless 4wheelers. It's not going to make it 100% brand new again, but down here in the south, red turns orangish-pink, green, blue, etc. it all fades because nobody keeps anything inside and the sun fades it out. It usually has a pretty good result at bring it back to about 80% and doesn't really take a whole lot of effort or time. 80% is a big improvement when you compare before and after!
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:11 AM   #15
Jeepin784
Not Yet Wild

In the past I’ve used this with great results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeepin784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha