lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2019, 12:19 PM   #1
helipilottx
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 G29 Motor issues?

Good afternoon all,

Bought a 2013 G29 that was extremely jumpy on the pedal and also hesitating while at top speed. After a few days, now it wont operate at all at times, or will operate sporadically. I replaced all batteries thinking this was the issue, which it wasnt. After reading many threads I'm wanting to lean on a motor issue.

-Solenoid clicks on when put in drive mode, as well as when key is turned on, or when you manually give it a little push.
-buzzer activates when pushed forward or reverse.
-Im not feeling much resistence from the motor whenever I push the cart and it is in drive and forward. This is why Im leaning towards motor.
-Stock Hitachi motor with stock controller.
-Checked speed controller and I couldnt see anything abnormal (broken magnet or dirty)

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated at this point of frustration!! Leaning on just ordering a new motor, but I dont want to be chasing this thing. Thank you
helipilottx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2019, 02:07 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 G29 Motor issues?

Open up the motor for inspection, if the brushes are bad, it will be pretty obvious.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #3
helipilottx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2013 G29 Motor issues?

Just wanted to check back and say a HUGE thank you to cgtech for the advice. I did remove the motor and upon inspection there was nothing really noticeable, but I cleaned it, made sure the contacts were correct and put it back together. Upon reinstalling, although it still didnt work correctly I could tell that there was a difference, so i knew it was in fact the motor in some way. Was originally only going to replace the motor with the D&D 502:1, but instead decided to buy the whole kit to include the XCT500. Already replaced the motor and works great, but cant wait until this weekend to replace the rest. Thanks again!!
helipilottx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drive, g29, yamaha, ydre
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha