lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2019, 08:15 PM   #21
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G2 Suspension Question

The 23's may work, would also depend on tire style...rounded vs squared off.

22" would be a safe bet.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2019, 08:28 PM   #22
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I agree
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:17 PM   #23
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I had to cut my rocker off to fit 22s, but they are pretty large for a 22 more like 23. It is not something you notice really, I cut the rocker in front of the tire at same angle as end, maybe one inch off it or so. Smooth it off so its not sharp.

If you want to run 24 or more you generally have to redo the swing arm mounts ahead of the engine and move them down and back a couple inches each way. This gets rid of the angle of the engine on a large lift and puts the tire away from the rocker. However you may have to chop off the bumper mounts that stick out behind the tire, and/or remount the bumper. When you get to a 6" lift you may need spacers to get more stable, though some LT lifts the front arms are longer and its wider so you only need spacers for the rear. I lifted mine myself long ago, and only enough to clear the tires and able to haul some weight in the back box without rubbing too much. I have 3+5 offset wheels and its pretty stable I can rail corners kind of hard on trails. I have to be more careful now because the clone engine is much faster than stock I hit 42 with it one day but I never go that fast normally and certainly not on trails we only run in the 20s. Just saying the higher you go the less stable it is and you have to account for that.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:03 AM   #24
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
I had to cut my rocker off to fit 22s, but they are pretty large for a 22 more like 23. It is not something you notice really, I cut the rocker in front of the tire at same angle as end, maybe one inch off it or so. Smooth it off so its not sharp.

If you want to run 24 or more you generally have to redo the swing arm mounts ahead of the engine and move them down and back a couple inches each way. This gets rid of the angle of the engine on a large lift and puts the tire away from the rocker. However you may have to chop off the bumper mounts that stick out behind the tire, and/or remount the bumper. When you get to a 6" lift you may need spacers to get more stable, though some LT lifts the front arms are longer and its wider so you only need spacers for the rear. I lifted mine myself long ago, and only enough to clear the tires and able to haul some weight in the back box without rubbing too much. I have 3+5 offset wheels and its pretty stable I can rail corners kind of hard on trails. I have to be more careful now because the clone engine is much faster than stock I hit 42 with it one day but I never go that fast normally and certainly not on trails we only run in the 20s. Just saying the higher you go the less stable it is and you have to account for that.
Thanks for the advice, well received! I have been shopping for wheel spacers, thinking 2". Anyone know where the best deals are at?

Also with the Allsports 7", how many spacers would I need? Does that lift extent the front arms and I only need spacers for the rear?
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha