lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2021, 01:12 PM   #21
Rmiller863
Getting Wild

Default Re: Repair cam gear camshaft

Put it all back together with a new clutch, now I have gas and spark and the carts not going when I give it gas. I remembered from the past that the RPM limiter will keep a cart from going. I was gonna snip the brown wire and see if that fixed the issue. When I went to check for it, I noticed there’s not even an RPM limiter on the cart. Being that I do have spark , would a missing RPM limiter be the cause of it not going? On my schematics I see there is a wire that runs up to the coil. But again, it has spark. I’m lost on this issue and you always seem to help me out, very knowledgeable. Do you have any advice?

I do have another cart I could take it off and put it on this one to test, but didn’t want to go that route unless absolutely necessary.

I read somewhere that even though the brown wire was cut, with no RPM limiter it didn’t send the right spark pulses to the plug to run. Sounded odd to me. Spark is spark.
Rmiller863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2021, 01:20 PM   #22
crash12888
Gone Crazy

You probably have a newer style coil/limiter.
Are you confident that the cam and crank gear marks are aligned?
Maybe pull the rocker cover and verify the valves are opening and closing.
Just to check, make sure you have connected the throttle cable to the carb and that it is actually opening when you push the pedal.
If that's ok, remove the fuel line from the carb and spin motor to verify it is pumping to the carb, if that's ok I would suggest pulling the carb and giving it a good cleaning.
Some sediment could have been picked up in the jet from bowl while off.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:55 PM   #23
Rmiller863
Getting Wild

I can see where it would/should be by the bolt holes and ground. I did take the cover off and the valves are moving up and down . Cables are connected. I was pulling the cable at the carb. I did put a different carb on it to check.

When I remove the fuel line from the carb and spin the motor, What am I looking/feeling for?
Old 10-05-2021, 03:56 PM   #24
Rmiller863
Getting Wild

Default Re: Repair cam gear camshaft, now wiring...

I'm thinking maybe wiring issue, This cart has the label W/O ACR on the motor. However it does crank up from the key switch.

The cart has the operate / maintenance mode switch under the drivers seat. When its in maintenance mode, it dies as soon as I hit the pedal in neutral or F/R. In operate mode, it dies in neutral if I press the pedal. In gear it just doesn't go.

The key switch is the five prong switch for a key start. Don't know if pedal carts have those or not. I tend to only ever see key start carts.

I can take pics inside of electrical box, but I don't know that it would look like anything other than colored spaghetti without seeing it in person.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car