lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2022, 07:02 PM   #1
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RoyPow - “P” Series Install

I recently received my Roypow S51105P LiOn battery pack.

Does anyone have any experience installing this battery on TXT?

I am trying to figure out how to Install and have a few questions. There is very slim info on this particular battery.

Thanks
Jwade79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2022, 01:03 AM   #2
Black RXV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RoyPow - “P” Series Install

Did your purchase come with an install kit? There should be brackets i the kit for your cart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yck9_V3xXpc
Black RXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 09:29 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My golfing buddy got Roypow and it came with brackets and very good instructions for doing the install.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:09 AM   #4
mts25
Not Yet Wild

I ordered mine at the same time Black RXV did. We got (3) of them at the same time, one for a TXT and (2) for RXV's. We didn't get install kits or instructions for any of them. We were told that the install kits were on "back-order". We got them installed anyway without the install kits or instructions. We had to get a little creative including making our own power and ground cables (Black RXV did that) and get a little creative with the mounting, but it's doable.
mts25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 09:35 PM   #5
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Apparently the brackets I have are for an RXV (or something other TXT) hence the reason I was having difficulties. I was told the TXT brackets are on back-order for at least 2 months. I cut the two tabs off the battery tray and installing a 1/8” solid steel plate as a base to mount the battery, and other items
Jwade79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 02:14 PM   #6
mcneyens
Not Yet Wild

Just installed mine this weekend. The performance 105. Which is 4+ inches wider and requires a different mount. I say that because my dealer gave me the wrong one (too short) and now they are telling me to pound sand.

I can’t believe what a difference it made with my stock motor and Alltrax 500. Claiming hills now is child’s play 😂

Install itself was pretty smooth. Make sure to replace your charging port with a Noco plug port or something similar.

Also be sure to have your voltage decreaser installed. Stock club car come with a reduced on the third battery pulling from 24 to 12. You’ll need 48 to 12 and I highly recommend one with a key switch.

The performance model also came with an external dash switch. I was worried about always having to lift the seat to turn the battery on. This mounted in the dash is awesome. When turning your battery on or off always hold until you hear a mechanical click from the battery. Between that and forgetting to turn the run switch on and then being so nervous about the $3500 sitting under me I also forgot to turn the ignition on 🤪 I was going through everything in my head about to tear things apart and my wife said “did you remember the switch thingy”. Lol glad she showed up when she did.
mcneyens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 02:59 PM   #7
Bluesgunner
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is how I mounted mine in my 2013 TXT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220417_133459.jpg (259.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220417_131820.jpg (267.0 KB, 0 views)
Bluesgunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, lithium, p series, roypow, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO