lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2022, 08:24 PM   #11
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 91 club car ds - new clutches - belt slips on hill

Time will tell, I bought one and the belt ate the clutch. Literally there was metal dust flung everywhere under the seat after 20 minutes of driving around and the clutch had lines worn into it where the belt was riding.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2022, 01:41 PM   #12
huskers360
Not Yet Wild

I replaced these with new bolts. Not a great design as the engine tension is constantly pulled towards the belts and these can wear. Any mods to prevent this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A3FBF0BB-D816-4BE0-B74E-F44C9CDBC8E8.jpg (129.4 KB, 0 views)
huskers360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:16 AM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Usually only happens if the bolt gets loose, but also remember this thing is 31 years old and a lot of parts are going to be worn even if they're not typical "wear" parts. It could have been replaced before and someone used the wrong bolt just because it's what they had laying around that fit the hole.
Fasteners are common replacement parts on all of my carts. This isn't construction equipment with 5/8" and 1/2" grade 8 bolts holding it together, it's a golf cart with tiny bolts that are susceptible to wear due to rust, vibration, stretching, heat cycling etc.
Use grade 5 bolts to replace anything that has obvious wear.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
belt slipping, club car clutch, no low end torque
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car