lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #21
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anybody Convert To Key Start???

Did you try to bypass the accelerator microswitch? If I remember correctly I think the Marathon's had them in the engine compartment 'firewall' area (under the drivers side seat)...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2009, 03:17 AM   #22
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, I located the accelerator micro switch (#28 in this diagram). But it doesn't appear to be something I can easily just pull a wire from a connector & test it out. Looks like I'll need to remove the switch from a bracket, then unscrew a wire from the switch itself. Might take a little more effort than I did tonite.
Thanks Mike.

Would be interesting to hear if other Marathon owners have tried this.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:53 AM   #23
daydreamer1948
Not Yet Wild

Lift up the seat. There should be a black box about 10 inches square,right under where you sit when driving. If you still have the air cleaner on,it will be under the air cleaner. Open it up and look at the switches that are activated by the gas peddle/throttle cable. One of them is a kill switch and one is a starter switch. Pull a wire off the kill switch inside the black box,under the seat. If you pull a wire from the wrong switch,the motor will not start. Plug that one back on and pull a wire from the other one. Do not pull wires from the ignition switch in the dash,or anything else under the dash.
daydreamer1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:35 AM   #24
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

hey big block man semis idle for the stupid reason of the driver needs either heat or a/c on the down time. or in the cold regions of up north it is to freaking cold, and things go hay wire, fuel will gel up and truck will not want to run. so it is keeping the fuel warm wit the return fuel, and the truck warm wit the coolant. yes they do also have fuel heater that haet the fuel with engine coolant in and out of the tanks. most are being froced to get a aux unit strapped to the side that consumes a gallon of fuel in 8 hours,that will give thm 110 v inside, ac or heta, and keep there batterys cahrged while they spank the monkey while watching there movies and microwave there tv dinners. otherwise that big old 15liter engine is sucking up ruffly 1 gallon of fuel a hour, and poluting the air. blah bla blah. freaking tree huggers.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #25
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

but i also would think cc did this wit there carts for the reason of being quet on a golf course, and for safety reasons. i know they tell you dont drink and drive, and they sell beer and stuff on the course with a beer wagon. so let see here, beer sun, golf, safety first! and if you can hear it it cant make you loose your ball on a bad shot! thats why thety also have electric, for those who are treehugging tofo farting golf courses that want o be green and quiet.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #26
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Something tells me ckiguy doesn`t like tree huggers!!

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #27
twistedup
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

all you have to do is bend the micro switch in the electrical box toward the front of the cart so when you let go of it the switch is out.then the cart will start when the key is turned on.you can also put a zip tie around your f and r micro switches to make it start in f n or r.
twistedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:30 PM   #28
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

can you use duct tape? it fixes everything else!
Old 11-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #29
twistedup
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

what does any thing you try to spell or say have to do with this key start JUST WONDERING
twistedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #30
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

yiou want him to bend the metal on the switch to deactivate the switch, or to tellit it is in the sake mode to start and stay started. i was asking as a witty response if he could use duct tape to do the same thing! im glad we all have a relly nice sense of humor here. some people may not want to bend there switches, or use duct tape, and try to zip tie switches, so if it work they know what switches to deisconnet and jump.
i hope this helps you with any other ideas. he asked, we answered. 1000 diffent ways to do one job you know!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car