lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
KE5RTO
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Sheave noise

Well, I took a closer look at the sliding sheave today, and it does have a grease zert on it so I put a couple of shots of grease in it. I ordered a new belt the other day, so I am waiting on it to come in before I test it out. The other belt was worn down too badly on the one side for me to want to try it again.

I will post an update later in the week when it comes in.
KE5RTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #12
KE5RTO
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Well, I pulled out the golf cart today and decided to power wash it since the previous owner's kids used it as a dune buggy, and I think I found the main source of my rattling.

It seems that some of the rivets that hold the skid plate on underneath the transmission were broken, causing the skid plate to rattle against the frame under load. I couldn't see this before because of all the mud and crap in the engine bay and under the cart.

I am going to put the cart up on jack stands tonight and repair this issue tonight and give it a test run tomorrow. Of course, now that I have power washed the motor to get all the crap out, I need to regrease all of the joints. Also, my new belt should be here this evening, so if all goes well I will be able to drive the cart around without wearing hearing protection!

I took the top off today, since it is cracked beyond repair. I guess I will need to fabricate a new one later. I will post picks of the beast either tonight or tomorrow, because once I eliminate the rattles it will be time to prep and paint.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #13
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Glad you found the rattle. Post up lots of pics!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #14
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

good to hear! while your cleaning it make sure the cooling fan is free of grass, most of the ones i've seen are plugged, also if youre feeling the maintenance bug you could also clean the out foam cover on the air filter and make sure the airbox isn't plugged with grasss/ leaves also,(i know mine was when i bought it!)
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #15
KE5RTO
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Well, I ended up purchasing the Yamaha Power Clutch kit and a new driven clutch sheave. When I took everything off a little bit ago, I found that the inside of the floating sheave was worn pretty bad and eggshaped. The faces of both sheaves were deformed as well, so its a good thing that I bought both sheaves. The C-Clip on the input shaft was still there, but I am going to pull it off and put the supplied input shaft spacer in its place.

Will post more after the installation to let you know if it resolved my issue.

Here are the pics I took:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-05-08 08.40.36.jpg (83.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-05-08 08.40.53.jpg (43.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-05-08 08.41.08.jpg (76.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 05-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #16
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

you'll be happy with the new sheives and the torque spring! post some pics of the installation
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #17
KE5RTO
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I ended up using the stock spring for now, because I couldn't get the new spring to stay compressed long enough to get it installed..I need to get some heavy duty zip ties for that. Every time I pulled the spring out of the vise the zip ties would break.

Otherwise, even using the stock spring with the new sheaves and using B3 for the setup, it works **** good and the best part - no more clattering!

My next project, now that I have it running right, will be to get the headlight/taillight kit installed and then prep the body to get painted next month. And while that is being done, I will get my seats over to my neighbor who owns an interior shop, and have him recover the seats.

I will post pics in a different thread of the beast before and after.

Thanks again for all the help everyone!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Good deal, don't forget 1-2 shot of grease in the primary clutch too. It is best to take the cover off and clean it, and put some light lube on the weight pins if you have the time (should make it good for a long time). I use a chain lube or superlube.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha