lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default just bought first ?

ok kindof got lucky maybe. my mom calls me this morning my step dad wants to sell the golf cart. I was like well dont really need it BUT fun to run around on. So i asked how much she told me 1000. I was like too much I dont want to spend that. She said I'll ask see what bottom dollar is and get back to you. She had already told me that it is in the way he just wants it gone. She calls me back said 500 it is yours. Get there look at it pretty good shape for a 96 club car. It is gas. He came out and said you know that parts cart with engine and all the spare parts that goes with it. i am pretty happy but this is the thing as I was leaving i thought get on it and see if it would start up. I rode this many times before just starts up and goes. Well this time turned the key on and kit the gas and nothing. no turning over nothing. lights worked horn worked so it was getting power. he said he'd work on it. maybe a hour later i came back cause i read on here where to find out what year it is. jumped on it turned the key on and this time turned over but was not firing. hit the choke and still nothing but it was trying to fire. he went and got starting fluid and fired right up. and it ran fine after that. so what would be causing this? hit gas nothing then holding choke in and not firing. i dont know what to even look at i know it runs good when it does........
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: just bought first ?

Carb probably needs cleaning from sitting so long,and change the filters.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What cartfixer says ...... and get some fresh gas and a new plug.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

i got it home and it runs pretty good. i dumped some fresh gas in. there wasnt much in there so i put it right on top. i put some stabilizer in there to help clean things up/. i ran acoss something else sometimes when i go start it it seems like the belt dont want to turn the engine over. thought it was slipping but is clearly not. that only happens sometimes. the only other thing is off top my head is that running wide open it will shut down then turn back on. is that the rev limiter?
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car