lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Switches? We don't need no stinkin' switches!

In the process of my latest issue I became more intimate with microswitches.... and after a beer or two they let me get to first base. But seriously folks....

How many different types are there? I know I've got at least two types on my cart and it seems they only differ in the number of outbound leads. Are there ones that either power or cut off power depending on whether they are open or closed? Or is it that they work just one way?

The reason I ask is because of my recent troubles, somewhere along the trouble shooting way my 'service mode' got disabled. The cart runs in gear both in run mode or service mode.

I probably screwed up the wires on one of the microswitches and won't know exactly how til I get the service manual which will be coming next week.
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Switches? We don't need no stinkin' switches!

They are made in normal open and normal close and a combination that acts like a 3 way switch, radio shack is a fair source for them.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

A lot of them are a three blade type so they will have a common, a normally open and normally closed. looking closely at the side will show which is which. (or your meter will tell ya)
You might have just pulled a wire off and mistakenly reinstalled it on the wrong tab.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

I don't like to point fingers but I had a guy who is a buddy and works on golfcarts as a tech for three years swing by for a short time to help me do a bit of trouble shooting and he pulled wires without paying attention. I always write down configurations of wires and colors to not make these types of mistakes. I guess he thought he knew so much about carts that he wasn't gonna screw up.

So it could be different on the three blade ones which blade is hot or cold depending on whether open or closed. I think that's the one that's messed up.

Radio shack, huh. I'll pick up a few as soon as I a few bucks so I have spares around.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

You've mentioned before about picking up other spare, hard to find parts for just in case, You can tie up a boat load of money on spare parts waiting for something to go out.
Those little micros don't usually give any trouble. I think once we get you through these initial new purchase issues you should be good to go with just regular maintenance items.
This is just my opinion and you know what they are compared to
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #6
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

If my cart was solely for recreation then, yea, I could see how it might not be worth it. Although if my cart goes down and I'm sitting on the side of the road losing $50 an hour on a friday or saturday night I'll wish I had a spare part in the storage been I can plop in and go. I'd rather spend $100 I might not use for months or a year than wishing I had it and losing $200-300 or more as I have already by being down for a night or weekend.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car