lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
Scottsu150
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default new cart, what should I check?

I owned a Yamaha G1 until just a little while ago, fun cart and took a ton of abuse from everyone with little problems, but I told my son you guys break this thing bad and it is gone. Well so much for a life lesson, after wrecking the cart I said live without one until we find another fixer upper cart and we will start over, Grandpa comes along with a really nice 02 DS fresh from a golf course his friend owns. I was so pissed off when he showed up but it is his money and his only grandson so what an I going to do? Any way the real question is was should be done to this thing, looks like it was just serviced and is in great shape. I am looking to keep it that way for a while. Thanks for any thoughts and input.
Scottsu150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
Scottsu150
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: new cart, what should I check?

sorry , I forgot to mention that it is gas.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

How old is your son? After your last experience, I think I might consider a governor modification. Only, not a modification most of us would want, I think I might mod it to go slower! Just a thought....

My son and his friends keep asking me to make ours faster. Not a chance in hell that is going to happen as long as he wants to drive it.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #4
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsu150 View Post
I owned a Yamaha G1 until just a little while ago, fun cart and took a ton of abuse from everyone with little problems, but I told my son you guys break this thing bad and it is gone. Well so much for a life lesson, after wrecking the cart I said live without one until we find another fixer upper cart and we will start over, Grandpa comes along with a really nice 02 DS fresh from a golf course his friend owns. I was so pissed off when he showed up but it is his money and his only grandson so what an I going to do? Any way the real question is was should be done to this thing, looks like it was just serviced and is in great shape. I am looking to keep it that way for a while. Thanks for any thoughts and input.
Handcuff the children !! Seriously though, these golf carts can get out of hand really quickly in the hands of sober adults much less fearless little ones who have no experience as to the feel of cornering, braking effects etc. Keep the speed down until they learn to respect the cart and also block the "Speeding up your cart" sticky. My daughter has an alarming tendency to hammer around corners in a Lewis Hamilton like fashion (10 years tender) and giggles like a crazed lunatic whenever she slams into an inanimate object, like my Range Rover. Thank you Niamh, $150 fog lamp replacement Thank the lord that she has yet to discover my cost if she ever decides to tackle a mature oak tree.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
Scottsu150
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

my son is 11 and is a pretty good driver for his age, some of his friends are not though. That is how the G1 died, the neighbor needed his cart towed and my son towed it back for him. He got the batteries so hot it cooked the wiring and solenoids. It was a shame to sell it because it was a nice looking cart but how much money do you want to put into a 20 year old cart.I will be leaving it at the stock speed for awhile
Old 08-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

My theory is, "If it's not broke, don't fix it!" Unless lift kit, and speed/torque... Which is what you don't want at the moment! How about some pics???
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car