lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bellows Steering Boot Replacement

I think it is a standard thread (clockwise) righty tighty ~ lefty loosey

I doubt you will tear anything up with a 9/16ths wrench, superman
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2011, 07:02 AM   #12
libertybellcdr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I finally got this stupid thing replaced. Here is the removal procedure so other's may benefit in the future:

Looking at the bellows, like my picture shows, you take a 5/8 wrench and turn #1 down (which is left). While doing this, do not put a wrench on the #2. It will stay in place while you loosen the #1. #1 is a locking nut. Once #1 is released, put the 5/8 away. Then, find the best pair of channel lock's you can. Put the channel lock's on #2 and then the SAME DIRECTION as you did to loosen #1.

Now, with that said, let's address the "superman" statement. The first pair of channel lock's I tried using (yes, name brand Channel Lock's), I broke trying to get #2 to break loose. So, I went out to the truck and got another pair (which had slightly less worn teeth) and tried again. This time I was successful. It literally took EVERYTHING I had to break it free. After removing it, I discovered that the entire 2" thread was saturated in red lock tite.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.
libertybellcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #13
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

well hell's bells. if you to that off when it had red on, without heat you are superman. might have done it with a pipe wrench, but not channel locks. way to go.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO