lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
kingranch
Getting Wild

Default thinking of getting ezgo workhorse...opinions?

Well they legalized carts on the road, so i was looking for one for my mom to cruise to the beach and back..
I found a good used ezgo workhorse for 2500
Can you guys give me input on this make/model? maybe some common failures ect// I am very mechanically inclined so dont hold back..
It has the robyn four stroke engine.. seller says it runs great..no problems..
what should i be aware of if buying this used cart. thanks
heres a pic..
he doesnt know what yearmodel it is, but said it said meets emission 2003 req on the engine?
I was also wanting to take off the rear bucket and add a flip flop seat..will this work on the cart...it looks longer than a regular cart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo.jpg (8.4 KB, 10 views)
kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: thinking of getting ezgo workhorse...opinions?

It is not a good cart for a rear seat. It is nearly a ft longer in between the wheels. A rear seat will leave a gap between seats. This is much better suited for what it was built for ~ a workhorse... get your Mom an golf cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

mechanically these are basically identical to like year standard carts, with the exception of a longer wheelbase/body and heavier rear springs ... With these Robin 4-strokes, the only thing you'll need to get comfy with is valve adjustment (eventually almost everyone ends up having to do it) otherwise they're strong runners and quite reliable.

Scotty is right RE the rear seat too, unfortunately - sorry!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
kingranch
Getting Wild

where the heck can i buy this removable seat??!!
kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #5
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is why i think your workhorse is a good purchase plan. I have had several carts. Electrics, gas......all shapes and sizes. After taking my workhorse out this weekend for a 3 day lake adventure....i am now certain that i have made the correct choice for my needs. We went for a total of 40 miles off road on trails and the edges of the lake where the water is down. This included sand, stumps, mud and some interesting climbing out of low water areas. It has an extremely smooth motor with enough power right out of the box to put this horse where you want it. I have also taken it to galveston on the beach. Again, performed perfectly and it's range is amazing. And on the road out in my area ( i live in the country) it looks good enough to turn heads and people always comment on it. All people have different needs and desires from their carts. If you are an off-road beach rider and like trails and such...this cart will do for you. I'm still learning about mine with the help of people on this site. Whatever you buy....i hope you enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2222 004.jpg (195.4 KB, 3 views)
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #6
Smcmurrey
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingranch View Post
where the heck can i buy this removable seat??!!
A google search turned up this.

http://www.golfcarttrader.com/rear_s...lity_Seats.htm
Smcmurrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO