lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
makbomber
Not Yet Wild

Question Golf Cart wont run on low rpm?

the golf cart runs but the rpm's are so low that it wont go it doesnt matter how much gas i give it, it still wont go. i dont know what the problem could be. i need help to figure it out so my kids can use the golf cart again. thanks!
makbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Golf Cart wont run on low rpm?

This may sound silly but, are you sure that the engine is running? or is the starter just turning the engine over and the the engine won't start and run on its own....?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
makbomber
Not Yet Wild

I believe it is because I feel and see some exaust, and out if the blue it will just start up and run like nothings wrong. But when I stop it it won't run again. so think the engin is running.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I bet Scotty has nailed it and your cart is not starting. To get you started on the path to recovery give us a clue about the cart, model? year? All I know about is the 1980's PG series so if you have anything else it is time for me to head for the exit.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
makbomber
Not Yet Wild

The more I looked at it I think your right, scottyb. But whats the peoblem the peoblem is the electric motor bad?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wiser words were never spoken:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
To get you started on the path to recovery give us a clue about the cart, model? year?
Made even more confusing by the following statement:

Quote:
is the electric motor bad?
Huh?

Mak, if you mean the starter/generator that turns the motor, this does not sound like your problem if it is turning over.

Scottyb is bang on - it may look like it's running, but it's not. You could have issues as simple as a fouled spark plug, or as compicated as needing an engine rebuild. Likely the solution is somewhere in between. However, model, year, and engine (if you know it) would be a great starting place.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO