lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #1
zachalyse
Not Yet Wild

Default Lift kit and tire options for my type of use?

Hey all - New to the golf cart scene. Just picked up an 03 CC gasser. Looking into lift kit and tire upgrade. Trying to figure which setup would be best for my situation (ie. 5" or 6", spindle or A-arm, 10" or 12" rim, 22" or 23" tread?)

Myself as an adrenalin junkie, obviously higher and bigger is better and waaay cooler. But, as a father of 2 pre-teens, safety and control takes precedent.

So, not yet knowing how the cart may handle altered, I look to you guys for advice. Should I assume higher and bigger will equal less stable or is this not so with golf carts? Will I see a big difference between all the options available?
zachalyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
zachalyse
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lift kit and tire options for my type of use?

anyone?
Old 08-10-2011, 05:29 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Hey zachalyse, congrats on your new cart!

First off... try to be a little more patient when waiting for a reply, O.K.?
some my reply right away... then again, it may take a day or two to get a reply!

Second... you left out one important thing... what is "your type of use"? Street?, around the yard/campground?, or some heavy trails?

and yes... in some cases a lift can make a cart a little more "unstable", and pre-teens/teens will be the first to try to find out how unstable... lift kit or not!

IMO,
~A good spindle lift (Jake's for example) will suit your needs well for street and minor off-roading,
~An A-arm lift suits minor to heavier off-roading,
~And a Long Travel lift suits heavy to major off-roading.
(Note: when choosing a lift kit, don't get one because "it's cheap"... you'll find out later... that it IS!)

Tires with a 6" lift...
23" is about the most you can go for street, and light off-roading. (you may have "some" rubbing issues)
22" is suggested by most manufactures to minimize rubbing.

Rims...
A minimum of a 10" rim is suggested when adding a lift, but... 12" rims look better!
With 12" rims, you lose a little tire sidewall, which may make the cart ride a little bit stiffer.

Hope this helps!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

don is correct......how will it be used????? i would suggest no more than a 6 inch lift cause your pre teens ARE gonna try and push it to the limits............they always do.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #5
zachalyse
Not Yet Wild

Yah, sorry guys. Cart will be basically used around the house on dirt roads and the occasional off road pole lines and atv trails.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I went with a Jakes 6 inch A Arm lift & 23 X 10.50 X 12 6 ply Vision VX's with Stretch Plastics 12 inch 8 spoke wheels. I'm still working on my build but should have it done in a couple of weeks.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #7
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would go with 12 inch wheels due to the fact that there seems to be a greater variety of tires and widths available for them.

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car