lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
Ohiostatefan
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Selling question

I've decided to sell my 2000.5+ DS Gas cart. Its got all the st legal items (horn, flip down windshield, lights, mirror and retractable seatbelts) and I had it inspected and tagged this year for a vacation property.

I'm selling to get a newer cart.

It has a rear flipdown seat. Beige in color and a full enclosure...runs great...

just wondering what I should expect to get out of it?
Ohiostatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
PIB-My-Ride
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Selling question

traitor.

I guess you can go newer, but you'd better not go faster!

When I was cart-hunting, the shop out on Meechen was selling street-ready but well-worn 2-seaters for a firm price of $2500. I paid a golf course $1,500 for my '01. I have it insured for replacement value, so I've unfortunately had to keep the receipts. I have nearly $3k into her.

Craig's List should give you a ballpark...
PIB-My-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiostatefan View Post
I've decided to sell my 2000.5+ DS Gas cart. Its got all the st legal items (horn, flip down windshield, lights, mirror and retractable seatbelts) and I had it inspected and tagged this year for a vacation property.

I'm selling to get a newer cart.

It has a rear flipdown seat. Beige in color and a full enclosure...runs great...

just wondering what I should expect to get out of it?
A 2005 Gas cart minus enclosure and rear seat will run you $2500 for an excellent example out here. A regular 2000 1/2 in great shape can be had for an easy $1500. pretty much all golf here though, not much call for street legal carts.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

not sure i would use craigs list as a reference.......they seem to be smoking crack...........a 2000 in good shape with extra,s.........now this is just my opinion so don,t get all flustered but tops 1800 dollars.........i can get 2007,s for 2500 dollars but theres a buyer for everything.....right now at camp in ohio theres a guy selling a really sweet 2004 E-Z go gasser it has custom paint and custom front and rear seats all the lights, turn signals a 6 inch lift with new tires and wheels custom dash and front bumper guard ......the cart started at 3900 dollars i have been watching it every weekend for over 6 weeks now and this past weekend it was down to 3100 dollars or best offer............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
wooly15
Gone Wild

The market out here has been insane lately. Dealerships are selling 97's and similar, lifted, rear seats, and custom paint for over $4k!! I just sold my street legal 84 CC for 2k. I had tons of people interested at that price.
wooly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #6
PIB-My-Ride
Getting Wild

Club Car

I completely under-estimated the cost of the 4-seat and street-legal mods. A 2-seater straight off a golf course needs a whole lot of cash before it's ready for South Bass Island.

I'd consider $1,800 for such a cart THEFT!
Old 09-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
Ohiostatefan
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIB-My-Ride View Post
I completely under-estimated the cost of the 4-seat and street-legal mods. A 2-seater straight off a golf course needs a whole lot of cash before it's ready for South Bass Island.

I'd consider $1,800 for such a cart THEFT!
Agreed - If its not street legal and to get one there will cost several hundred!
PIB - I want a newer one and totally faster too. I have a honda Elite 80 scooter im going to sell as well.....I found I really use the cart A LOT....and rarely the scooter....so selling the CC and the Scooter and upgrading!

Not a good time of year to do so, but I can wait until spring....or I'll keep it as a spare before I'd take $1500.00.

Thanks for all the info guys/gals. This is helpful.
Ohiostatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #8
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiostatefan View Post
Agreed - If its not street legal and to get one there will cost several hundred!
PIB - I want a newer one and totally faster too. I have a honda Elite 80 scooter im going to sell as well.....I found I really use the cart A LOT....and rarely the scooter....so selling the CC and the Scooter and upgrading!

Not a good time of year to do so, but I can wait until spring....or I'll keep it as a spare before I'd take $1500.00.

Thanks for all the info guys/gals. This is helpful.
How exactly do you get a golf cart street legal ? They have no title and I have serious doubts that "Andrew" from State Farm has a a book that gives him collision and waiver damage assesments when a CC nails another CC at an intersection. On the other hand, around here, the average myopic octogenarian would be far safer driving in a Golf cart as opposed to the three ton Buick missiles that are driven by "blue rinsed" Old widows on there "quaint way" to the ****ing nursing home to administer orange juice to 98 year old Judy who, has her best years in front of her, but is a jibberring wreck who destroyed all her families ambitions when she destroyed a school bus full of Bingo players high on Lactaid parked peacefully in the funeral home car park.

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

1800.00 theft? a 2000 cart whats it worth really.....i can put a 6 inch jakes lift along with whs tires and a backseat on for 800.00 add lights complete with T/S brk lights another 200.00 so i have a 12 year old cart that i can buy for 1000.00 now i,ll give you thats a deal i figure its worth 1300.00 so 1000.00 plus 1000.00 in it is 2000.00 so 1800.00 yes would be a deal but not theft..........now maybe down south you can get away with selling a cart for twice whats its worth but up here it don,t fly........everyone who is selling a cart will tell you their cart is special for this reason or that but in the end unless i lift the seat and see a motor other than the stock 10hp thats in there than theres nothing special about it.....and street legal means nothing here when they ask you for a vin # and you can,t give them one but in this terraine and with winters you can,t drive them anyways............than you have the ins. co to deal with after they quit laughing at you........i looked at a C.C. a few weeks ago that was completly done over and it was top notch other than the pink paint job...........stainless clutches heck stanless everything still only had a fe-290 in it and the guy wanted 5 grand said he had 6 grand in it..........i beleive him and after talking to him and finding out this is the 2nd year the cart was for sale i asked him if he was willing to drop the price he said no i,d rather just keep it.....his cart he can keep it..........was it worth 5 grand?? well 2 years for sale and still not sold i guess to him it was but only him.............don,t get flustered guys this is just my opinion and i,m certain there are a lot of guys who don,t feel this way so don,t get your panties in a bunch........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
PIB-My-Ride
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
How exactly do you get a golf cart street legal?
Chris,

I can only speak for Ohio, but the first step is that a municipality passes an ordinance to allow golf carts on public streets and roads. This is typically a subset of LSV laws. As far as I know, this can only apply to streets with a speed limit of 35 mph or less, but I can't guarantee that that's not up to the discretion of a given municipality.

As the owner of a cart or other LSV seeking license plates, you must ensure that it meets equipment criteria. On South Bass Island, this equipment includes:

Headlights
Turn signals
Brake/tail lights
Seatbelts
Horn
Rearview Mirror
Windshield

When the criteria are met, the vehicle is taken to the police station for inspection. If the vehicle passes inspection and a Bill of Sale is presented, an approval form is given to the owner. That form is taken by the owner to the county DMV with a proof of insurance and yes, ready? A TITLE IS ISSUED!!! (as are a set of standard vehicular license plates)

As far as insurance Chris - your point about "Andrew" rang true - my agents had to research the procedure and policy and get back to me, but they found what they needed that same day. My cart is insured for loss & liability and so far 98-year-old Judy has yet to run me off the road, but I'll keep an eye out for her!

So. I'm glad to know that I wasn't alone when I saw $1,200 carts on the side of the road and thought, "hey, I'm tired of renting POS's by the hour. I should buy one of those cheap carts, slap some lights on it and I should be ahead of the game by August. That dude who thinks his lot full of street-legal 2-seaters are worth $2,500 each is crazy!"

I bought a $1,500 cart from a friend who runs several resorts. He was selling 35 of them at that price to a wholesaler. It was in average condition, but had received above-average maintenance. The backseat cost $400, plus a BIG shipping fee. $100 for springs. Over $250 for light & horn kit. $25 mirror, $45 belts.

Add the car-ferry fares and time? jeeeez. Let's just say it DID NOT pay for itself by that August! lol

Don't worry Tom, I don't think anyone is "bunched up", but also remember that OSUFan probably isn't planning to sell his cart very far from the island where carts outnumber cars by a HUGE ratio, and where street-legality is not only a reality, it's a must.

If someone were to take my cart and leave me $1,800 cash in a brown bag, I'd file a police report and an insurance claim!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car