lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
Doc
Gone Wild

Default Engine WILL NOT Turn Over

2001 CC Carryall Turf I Gasser. I just finished putting a lift kit on it, tried firing it up and *nothing* won't even turn the starter. The battery is fully charged. Nothing came off/broke during the lift install. FWIW, it DID act funny about starting before I started working on it. You'd have to find a ''sweet spot'' on the GO pedal before it would catch. Once it started it was fine but now nothing. Where should I start? TIA
Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
Doc
Gone Wild

Default Re: Engine WILL NOT Turn Over

....oh, I forgot-the engine is an FE290.
Doc
Old 09-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Start at the solenoid, remove both small wires and use two jumper wires from battery to them to see if it will spin over, doesn't matter what wire goes on which little post.
If it does spin you have a problem with your 12V low amp circuit like fuse, key switch, micro switches, wiring.
If it does not turn over jump across the two large lugs to determine if you have a bad solenoid or you have an issue with the high amp circuit like battery, cables or ends, cable connections or Starter/Generator.
Look in the stickies at the top and print your wiring diagram to follow.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
Tom Burke
Gone Wild

Club Car

When you installed the lift did you remove any of the ground wires? The engine has to be grounded to the frame. Just my 2 cents
Tom Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Doc
Gone Wild

Yes, I DID take the ground straps off, but re-attached them. I'll double check that tomorrow. When I press down on the accel. you get a "thunk" sound from the box where the solenoid is kept. Is that normal? I'll jump out the solenoid tomorrow, too...thanks for the tips...I'll post the results in the A.M.!
Doc
Old 09-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

doc if your getting a thunk instead of the noticable click i say solenoid........put it in nueltral jump solenoid see if see cranks over if so replace....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #7
Doc
Gone Wild

What is the exact procedure for jumping the solenoid?
Doc
Old 09-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
Doc
Gone Wild

Boy, I feel like a dope...it was the ground that goes to the back of the seat panel (remember this is a Carryall) it wasn't "biting". I cleaned it up, put a star washer on it and Bingo!. Thank you all for your help!!
Doc
Old 09-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

happens to all of us .................if i stopped working on carts because of some of the things that made me feel like a dope i think i might be smoking the stuff...............lolol.............sure is nice when you find it and its a 3 cent fix though................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car