lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
sonicsbomb
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default advise

Long story short, My daughter crashed my cart. I replaced the a-arms and the cart looks fine. I think I see a slight bend in the front now ( not a kink) a bend. So basically the universal joint on the steering shaft bind up now, so steering has a sketchy feel to it lol.

Anybody have a fix to this besides trying to straighten the front end? short joints?

So far only idea I can come up with is move the holes down , in wich the steering rack bolts onto to lower it, and then the joint would straighten out.
sonicsbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
stinger5
Gone Wild

Default Re: advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicsbomb View Post
Long story short, My daughter crashed my cart. I replaced the a-arms and the cart looks fine. I think I see a slight bend in the front now ( not a kink) a bend. So basically the universal joint on the steering shaft bind up now, so steering has a sketchy feel to it lol.

Anybody have a fix to this besides trying to straighten the front end? short joints?

So far only idea I can come up with is move the holes down , in wich the steering rack bolts onto to lower it, and then the joint would straighten out.
Pictures would help but I suspect that you have some bent linkages/ frame damage as you probably already know. Shortening and switching things will likely give you a short term fix but what next ? Your daughter has an accident again and who gets the blame next time ? Fix it properly and be done with the blame issues.
Just my 10 cents worth.
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: advise

well after a head on with a cherry treee a couple f years a go, i ended up with soem damage. the stering rack had a bent ujoint in it, the front frame section broke and need rewelded and the steel structure that holds the steering rack got tweeked, that it was worth the 60 bucks to replace, that the cc dealer sya golf courses replace all the time for some strange reason when patrons with liquid courage drive carts at low speeds!. so other then the steering column ujoimts, see if you can pull the boots off the rack and check your inner sterring joints out, this is how i found mine bent. lok at teh steel tower that holds the upper parts of the shock, the sterring rack too. and lkook at the front aluinium frame section that is on ethe front end. also look real good at the frame to the upper cowling section and a good check underneath to makesure there are no broken cracked welds there. if so, might be time to pull the cowling off and get her welded up.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car