lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2011, 06:04 AM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Suspension issues with lifted cart - need help!

DOH, sorry crash, I was typing and thinking at the same time, slowed me down :)
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #22
Marko44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
This is the quickest picture of a spring pad or perch I could find. It goes on the axle tube and two U-bolts go around the axle tube up through the shock mounting plate.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...0549_200330549

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Weld-O...Tubes,632.html
Thanks Crash . . . the pics help clarify since I'm a visual guy
Marko44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #23
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

i found those at tractor supply after i spent 2 hours making some for my new motor carrier
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #24
Marko44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Here is a link to the install manual from EZ for their econ lift kit, it has pics and also part numbers, page 6

http://e-z-go-media.precis5.com/9cb6...bb65bcb370ddd9

It doesn't show your existing bottom plate and it is not needed but you can leave it if your u bolts are long enough after you put in the 3 leaf springs..

The other option listed above was buying and welding in spring perches from someone like Tractor Supply trailer section. I think these are the ones but they have different sizes..
http://www.tractorsupply.com/trailer...pacity-1091389

They have the same effect as the brackets and are cheaper but they do require to be welded. I just like the bolt in option.

Hope this helps.

The EZGO lift kit installation guide really helps clarify things for me and I'm sure it will be helpful for others as well.

Thank you!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #25
Marko44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I wanted to let everyone know how this turned out. One of the site sponsors (Trademark) actully sells the rear only portion of a lift kit. I received lift brackets, U-bolts, tie/spring plates, and washer and nuts. It also included longer shackle plates and shock extensions which I didn't use since I only have 3" of lift in front.

Here's a shot from the rear:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...lfCart2018.jpg

In my quest for new rear leafs that weren't too stiff, I ended up calling one of the site sponsors and spoke with one of the techs in the back. He said they were using a 4 leaf and recently started using a 3 leaf setup. I ordered a set off of their website and they ended up shipping a 4 leaf. I haven't taken it off road yet but I think it will be too stiff. Here's a pic showing old vs. new leafs:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...lfCart2012.jpg

If I want to try and save the ride quality by removing one of the leafs, which one would you remove?

With the new leafs, and the rear brackets, etc. installed, it raised the rear of the cart up an additional 2 1/2" so now I believe I have too much rake. I welcome your thoughts:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...lfCart2015.jpg

Since I have a 3" drop axle in front with the ST spindles (non-stock), is there any quick/inexpensive way to raise the front up 1 to 2" ????

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...lfCart2019.jpg

Thanks
Old 11-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #26
crash12888
Gone Crazy

If you have to remove them to remove a leaf anyway, talk to the vendor and ask them to swap them for the three leaf springs that you originally ordered?
Or to level the cart, make two lift blocks to go between the front leaf springs and the frame under the mat. two blocks and 6 new bolts.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #27
Marko44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
If you have to remove them to remove a leaf anyway, talk to the vendor and ask them to swap them for the three leaf springs that you originally ordered?
Or to level the cart, make two lift blocks to go between the front leaf springs and the frame under the mat. two blocks and 6 new bolts.
It was an honest mistake on the leafs and shipping alone kills it for the vendor since I'm on the west coast and they are on the east. Their website shows a 4 leaf but the tech told me they only stock the 3 leaf now and assured me if I ordered that part off the website, I would receive the 3 leaf. Once the order was placed, the person in the front office noticed the order was placed for a 4 leaf and shipped a 4 leaf from "another" warehouse.

Thank you for the idea to install the blocks up front. I'll take a look at it tonight and see what's involved to do so.

I'm going to run it for a bit and see if the leafs settle out.

I appreciate the input crash12888
Old 11-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #28
Marko44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Sorry to keep reviving this older thread but does anyone sell these types of blocks or does anyone have a photo so I can have a buddy fabricate them for me?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #29
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I don't have a photo but:
Make two blocks the same width of your front springs that are 3" long with a 3/8" hole drilled 1/2" from the back of each block.
You will notice each spring has 3 bolts holding it to the cart frame with the back one going through the spring, align your block hole with those holes when you reassemble.
You will need longer bolts and just install the block between the frame and spring.
Once you pull the floor mat back and look at the bolts you will see what you need to do.
Just have the blocks made as tall as you need to lift it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #30
Marko44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I don't have a photo but:
Make two blocks the same width of your front springs that are 3" long with a 3/8" hole drilled 1/2" from the back of each block.
You will notice each spring has 3 bolts holding it to the cart frame with the back one going through the spring, align your block hole with those holes when you reassemble.
You will need longer bolts and just install the block between the frame and spring.
Once you pull the floor mat back and look at the bolts you will see what you need to do.
Just have the blocks made as tall as you need to lift it.
Nice detailed "how to" - Thanks crash12888!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO