lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
herbieyg8
Not Yet Wild

Default Helper springs instead of HD springs?

Just bought a 2006 Precendent gas. A rear flip seat kit was included, but not installed. I'm also going to add a 6" Jakes spindle lift along with larger wheels and tires. From reading posts on the forum I will need extra support for the rear. I've read that heavy duty springs create a harsh ride. I'm wondering if just helper springs would work. The cart will be driven on the street only if makes any difference.
herbieyg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
stinger5
Gone Wild

Default Re: Helper springs instead of HD springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbieyg8 View Post
Just bought a 2006 Precendent gas. A rear flip seat kit was included, but not installed. I'm also going to add a 6" Jakes spindle lift along with larger wheels and tires. From reading posts on the forum I will need extra support for the rear. I've read that heavy duty springs create a harsh ride. I'm wondering if just helper springs would work. The cart will be driven on the street only if makes any difference.

A harsh ride can be brutal if your streets are pot holed like those in Chicago but if they are relatively smooth then the springs wont really make a difference. When you think about it, a standard cart will easily handle two fat old men on the front seats and a pair of loaded golf bags can easily weigh in at over 160lbs behind the rear axle line. I think you would be fine on standard springs unless your rear passengers are unusually hefty. You might also try dropping your tire pressures down to around 12 / 15 psi. The side wall flex will offer some additional relief from the jarring ride.
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
wooly15
Gone Wild

Default Re: Helper springs instead of HD springs?

I put the add-a-leafs on my DS last summer and they gave me about an inch less "squat" in the rear. With two adults in the back, it did still squat quite a bit. I would recommend the HD springs if you plan on carrying more than one adult in the rear often.
wooly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car