lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2012, 12:51 AM   #11
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: A couple ?? about performance upgrades...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD-BILL View Post
I wish I had deep pockets

I do it on the cheap with second hand parts and a lot of help.

My charger runs Pro E/T (bracket race) and thanks to my motor sponsor is running 9.90's

My wife's 72 charger (the yellow one) runs in Sportsman and runs high 12's.

Taylor, my oldest daughter (soon to be 14) is running her dragster in the advanced class currently running low 8's in the 1/8th mile. Fastest she's allowed to go is 7.90 per the rules.

My youngest Kaitlin, was 8 yrs old when her vids were shot and that was her first times out. She is now 9 and still in the novice class. Restricted to 12.90 or slower. When she turns 10 she will be able to move up to intermediate and be able to go 8.90's in the 1/8th.

Believe it or not, My car was that color when I bought it. I was gonna change it but it kinda grew on me

But we digress.....

Back to the subject at hand, which mods would b best to improve the low end pulling power of this CC?

Quite the family obsession. You must be proud Great shots of the little ones and the rigs they ride. Sounds like you need torque, not speed. Me personally ? I'd go with a shorter belt, larger rear tire diameter or a torque spring in the driven clutch. Contact Tom @ http://www.cartpartsplus.com/ for more definitive information.
Hope that points you in the right direction.

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #12
WILD-BILL
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah, I've drug my whole family down with me

My dad races the 72 when my wife can't be there and my mom also helps out tremendously behind the scenes. A true family affair

More torque is definitely what were after with his cart. Not sure if we can go larger on the rear tires. He needs to add the HD springs for the rear seat he has and I'm not sure that even after that we'll have any more room once the whole crew is loaded on.

Anyone have a part # or reference to what belt is shorter than the factory one?

WILD-BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #13
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

ther is no real shorter belt thing per say. you can try a new cogged belt for a carryall. they are a BIT shorter(fraction of an inch) the spring in a drive and the driven will help out greatly.

a larger tire will kill torque, not help it. ask anyone who runs a 23" or bigger tire with a stock motor.

another thing is that if the clutches are worn it will affect performance throughout the whole rpm range. and with that old of a cart they might be do for a replacement!

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #14
WILD-BILL
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is there anywhere I can find the dimensions of the stock belt? Maybe then I can start searching through other applications like snow mobiles and such to find one that is a little shorter.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:53 AM   #15
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vertical View Post
ther is no real shorter belt thing per say. you can try a new cogged belt for a carryall. they are a BIT shorter(fraction of an inch) the spring in a drive and the driven will help out greatly.

a larger tire will kill torque, not help it. ask anyone who runs a 23" or bigger tire with a stock motor.

another thing is that if the clutches are worn it will affect performance throughout the whole rpm range. and with that old of a cart they might be do for a replacement!

-Aaron
My bad Aaron, I was thinking shorter belt, more tire diameter but you are correct, drop the diameter = more torque effect.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #16
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Is there anywhere I can find the dimensions of the stock belt? Maybe then I can start searching through other applications like snow mobiles and such to find one that is a little shorter.

Hey Bill did your buddy find a shorter belt for the C. C.?
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #17
WILD-BILL
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think I may have a lead on one. It looks like the belt from a Kawasaki Mile is about 3/4's of an inch shorter but it is also about.1" narrower. Haven't bit the bullet and bought one yet but if we do give it a shot I will be sure to post the results for everyone.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #18
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I think I may have a lead on one. It looks like the belt from a Kawasaki Mile is about 3/4's of an inch shorter but it is also about.1" narrower. Haven't bit the bullet and bought one yet but if we do give it a shot I will be sure to post the results for everyone.

I don't remember what year C.C. you where working on but I am working on my Mom's 2000 and it has a 37 1/2" approximately by 7/8" and I just got off the phone with napa and ordered a 6013 gates from then it's just about the same width 1/32" wider I think and like 36 3/4" long so I'm hoping that will do the trick. It was only 24.00 so I will find out on thursday. get me your measurements and I check it out for you.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #19
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

a stock belt for a club car should be 1 inch in width. if yours was 7/8 i would think it was severly worn, or the wrong belt?

per cart part plus website a 92 and up takes a 1 x 37 3/8 od belt

also check out this thread for a good description of stock belts for club cars

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...rive-belt.html
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #20
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vertical View Post
a stock belt for a club car should be 1 inch in width. if yours was 7/8 i would think it was severly worn, or the wrong belt?

per cart part plus website a 92 and up takes a 1 x 37 3/8 od belt

also check out this thread for a good description of stock belts for club cars

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...rive-belt.html
Thanks vertical Mine was worn don't think it was ever replaced. So I went ahead and got a shorter one while I was at.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car