lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #21
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gas problem???

Hi Rich Just a few thoughts that may help?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...djustment.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...4-strokes.html

I also notice in your original post that you said the oil was still on Full mark, When a cart is lifted the oil level will not be on the full mark, if it is, it is over filled. it holds 1.5 qts and mark your dip stick their, no not overfill.
Hope this Helps?
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #22
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by popatop View Post
Hi Rich Just a few thoughts that may help?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...djustment.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...4-strokes.html

I also notice in your original post that you said the oil was still on Full mark, When a cart is lifted the oil level will not be on the full mark, if it is, it is over filled. it holds 1.5 qts and mark your dip stick their, no not overfill.
Hope this Helps?
good advise. my linkage had stretched over the years and floored it wasnt even half throttle. i did my valves too
882001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #23
richard3529
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks popatop, for the info on the oil. The oil was changed when the lift kit and 10" rims were installed. I will change it and verify the level and mark the dipstick for the future.

I adjusted the valves based on the engine manual and the thread you sent. I also have eliminated the governor. I modified the original carb to governor cable to go from the pedal to the carb. I like this set up better and the cart is a lot smoother starting and stopping. It starts and runs better but I still don't think the engine is reaching top rpm (I checked to be sure the carb throttle plate would open completely). I was going to check the coil but it looks like the plug wires are sealed in the coil. I will have go get back on it and see if I can remove the wires to check the resistance on both side of the coil.
richard3529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #24
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Do you have a tach to check top rpm? Mine will spin 4600 with 22" tires
882001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #25
richard3529
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

It has been several months since the last post and I think I have resolved the issue. In addition to the new fuel pump and carb, I checked every ground and cleaned. I have eliminated the governor with a cable now going from the accelerator to the carb. I have also rewired so it starts when you turn the switch on and idles. I set the idle so the gen/started had a positive output. Also cleaned all wiring connections. It cranks with very little to no choke and idles smooth, also accelerates better but it still appeared to have a weak spark. Tonight I put a GM coil with new plug wires and HEI removing the original coil, wires and igniter. Fired up and idles great. It also revs up really good. Know more tomorrow when I can road test it but it is looking good. Thanks for the help and comments. There was a couple of comments about the drive belt, it looks like I am going to go with a shorter belt. Even before the new coil and hei, the engine would have to rev up to engage. The body is off and I could watch the pulley. It would close in quite a bit before the belt would catch.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #26
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That belt idea is the next best step but when you do it also be ready to adjust the idle it will want to grab really quick now. and mine took about 6-8 hours of run time to finally relax and start shifting properly. But I gained soooo much more over all power.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #27
richard3529
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I think that is my next step Doc. I think I'm running a standard belt now (72054-G01). I have read both 3/4" and 1" shorter. does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not looking for speed just smooth operation and reliability. I hope to have my rebuild complete this week and I am looking forward to getting out and ridiing. Planning on heading to Bainbridge Ga. the first weekend in April for the first annual Redneck Expo and Golf Cart Rally.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO